Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: what would you do in this situation?

I would fold BTF.

Your call doesn't complete the action. You're not desperate
yet, and you have multiple players to act behind you with
a medium holding at best.

The worst case scenario, a raise behind you, which looks suspicious for Aces, then occurred.

Bruce
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM

i dont think you have much FE here. if you push hes getting almost 3-1. so call, and play the hand in position. Id be hard pressed if i was him not to put the rest of it in on any flop, but maybe you caught him on a steal.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM

i know the call out of position with 99 is not really adviced,but i purely called for the set value fully indenting to any decent raise behind me and if the sition was any other than what happned i would have lay them down preflop.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:00 PM

given the read, you have to trust it, otherwise whats the point of having reads. you are, after all trying to accumulate chips. given OP's read on villain, he could have been raising with KQ or K6 for that matter.

without the read, I call and re-evaluate after the flop.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:44 PM

if villain is 'very good' he doesn't make this play with any two. I think your read is way off. In fact considering he didn't push I would think his range is very very tight, it looks very much like he wants action.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:49 PM

If he's a very good player as you say he is then he's not making this move with air hardly ever.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given the read, you have to trust it, otherwise whats the point of having reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rockin,

I hear ya, but I would contend that hero's read is a little off and we should advise him accordingly. You cant evaluate a hand in a vacuum, but the circumstances of this hand must certainly be taken into consideration.

Hero's read might be that "villian is capable of stealing from the button", but is that whats happening in this hand, really?

If he did in fact make this move with "any two", he is not "smart" as the orignial poster describes. How do you reconcile that with the read?

edited for spelling
Old 12-29-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
given the read, you have to trust it, otherwise whats the point of having reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rockin,

I hear ya, but I would contend that hero's read is a little off and we should advise him accordingly. You cant evaluate a hand in a vacumn, but the circumstances of this hand must certainly be taken into consideration.

Hero's read might be that "villian is capable of stealing from the button", but is that whats happening in this hand, really?

If he did in fact make this move with "any two", he is not "smart" as the orignial poster describes. How do you reconcile that with the read?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed in part. first off, i say trust your read, he's the only one that has seen the sequence of events that have played out throughout the course of the tourny. in other words villain may have made a play at pot (i.e. very good poker player with good reads on UTG and UTG+1) based on villains own reads. obviously we are not given that information, that is why I state that you have to trust your reads.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 PM

If you call here with 99, he is likely to fire out on any flop. I don't like calling here because unless the flop comes rags or you hit a set, you'll be in a tough spot. You have him covered by a good ammount and would like to see all 5 cards. I push for sure.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and would like to see all 5 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi SS99,

How do you figure? At best for hero, villian has overs in which case we dont really want to see all five cards. Villian has position, so hero can push any undercard flop and put villian to the "test" if he has overs, or any 2 for that matter.