Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 05:46 PM

Default 2 live 2/5 folds.... possibly very boring

Live 2/5 at Foxwoods for both hands but different villains.

Hand 1:
Villain has $500, I cover. 1 limp, villain limps, other guy limps, I limp on the button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB completes, BB raps.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($30)

Checked to villain who bets $25. Other guy folds. Villain has been betting almost every single time its checked to him in latish position regardless of his cards. He knows that I know this as I've been giving him a hard time about it during my usual incessant table babble. I make it $125, folded back to villain who pauses a moment, then calls. This call means he either has something or is drawing at something pretty good. He'd probably fold or reraise with a ten (folding the bad ones, reraising the good ones). He's loose preflop so he could have a pretty wide range here (3 off the button).

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($280)

He pauses a moment, then checks. I think about betting, decide if I wasn't behind on the flop, I'm almost surely behind now and check.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($280)

He bets $300, I fold.

Hand 2:
6-handed now, I have $650, villain covers. Villain is pretty loose preflop both with calling and raising but not when calling a reraise. I've come over the top of him preflop a few times and he's laid down. Folded around to CO who openlimps, button limps, villain makes it $25 from the SB, I make it $100 from the BB with KK, CO and button fold, SB calls fairly quickly.

Flop: A22r ($210)
Villain checks, I bet $100, he checkraises to $400, I say "your ace is good" and fold.

Standard and boring?
Old 12-14-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 2 live 2/5 folds.... possibly very boring

hand 1 - way to turn your hand into a bluff

hand 2 - this flop sucks
Old 12-14-2005, 05:57 PM

Hand 1: If he was betting any flop like the raise. Good fold on the river. Unless he is a super-donk, anything he would call a $100 raise with has you beat (A-10,K-10,Q-10,7-8).

Hand 2: Standard. Pocket kings are ace magnets.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:06 PM

hand 1: i like a call on the flop. get a look at the turn card, watch him, see his action, adjust my hand range. it also gets you closer to showdown with a hand that is likely to be ahead.

hand 2: i asked basically the same question here . The consensus was that it was a standard fold for KK.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM

Hand 1 seems standard enough.

Hand 2 is interesting - is he good enough to check raise with a lower pocket pair knowing you didn't hit aces full? I'd consider checking the flop but you may get yourself in more trouble if you do. He probably has AK or AQ, so it's certainly standard to fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: i like a call on the flop. get a look at the turn card, watch him, see his action, adjust my hand range. it also gets you closer to showdown with a hand that is likely to be ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't want to call with a hand as weak as mine with people to act behind me. Had I been closing the action HU, I would like it a lot better.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:11 PM

I agree, calling in this situation would be bad. Call gives draws the right price to come along and you don't know where you are against villian. Optimal situation would have been to take it down right there. Given that you didn't, I shut down too.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:43 PM

hand 1. I raise less here on the flop.
hand 2. It entirely depends on reads. Will he know ur weak when u bet $100? If so either check or bet $150 depending on the % u think he has an ace and if u think he will try to bluff u on the turn if u check.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 - this flop sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Good flop for a check, no?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 - this flop sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Good flop for a check, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I check, I let him steal it with QQ/JJ on the turn. I don't think he can c/r without an ace.