Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Does everybody do this? Make the bad man stop.

[ QUOTE ]
I always think, well I'm 85% certain he has this hand, but WHAT IF he has the other hands that I win with - I should find out by putting my whole goddamn stack in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to talk yourself in to playing a trap hand in a raised pot OOP... When you find out you are no good, fold.

This is a form of tilt. You need to identify when you are tilting this way and ultimately what is causing it and nip in the bud before you move on up the limits.

I have this tilt too. For me it is the need to fill the addiction for big pots combined with the lack of good hands. Or in other words lack of disipline compounded by bad play.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 PM

preflop has already been discussed.

i just wanted to add that third to only TPTK and bottom two pair, flopped trips is one of the most commonly misplayed hands in NL. With this kind of action you are almost never ever good. When you flop trips your first thought shouldn't be "How do I get all my money in?"
Old 12-07-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop has already been discussed.

i just wanted to add that third to only TPTK and bottom two pair, flopped trips is one of the most commonly misplayed hands in NL. With this kind of action you are almost never ever good. When you flop trips your first thought shouldn't be "How do I get all my money in?"

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't? I mean sure in this example, Hero is almost certainly beat - but if you're flopping trips with an excellent kicker, I'm certainly trying to get a lot of money in against most players, especially in an unraised pot, or if I raised it.

The key is slowing down on the turn or river if you face serious resistance.

Yet I find that most players I play against are terrible at getting money in with trips - they often slowplay them on the flop, and bet them small on later streets hoping to get paid off by weak hands. They almost never consider the possbility that the case card is out there in someone else's hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:04 AM

My point being that when people are more then willing to cooperate with putting their stack in the middle on a paired board on the flop, unless your opponents are complete idiots, you should be nervous not doing the humpty dance.