Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: Rate this play
Stop doing this in the 11s 9 47.37%
Donk 10 52.63%
Standard 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Are you called a fish?

I was playing this morning, winning as usual, and then did a silly bluff on someone. As soon as the hand was dumb, he was calling me a fish as was another player, saying Im the dumbest player ever, while another player was telling them to be nice to me, which is what I say when people are making fun of a fish. I realised the entire table viewed me as a fish! I ended up winning on that table and for my session, but I realised that alot of players who dont udnerstand poker very well view some 2+2 Lag play as fishy and some even view the aggro side of TAG as fishy. I pretty much get called a fish at every table I play at every day, and was wondering if you guys get called the same by the ignorant players. I find it pretty funny.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Are you called a fish?

Sorry for the delay, im a poll fish
Old 12-28-2005, 12:43 PM

I'm almost always called a fish at every table. I also have a screen name that baits my opponents, so when they beat me out of a pot they are sure to make a lame joke.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 PM

Whenever Im pot committed and suck out, and they flip, I love to make the biggest fish comments. My favorite is "I won, didnt I" or "Look, I have all your money, I must be better"
Old 12-28-2005, 12:48 PM

I don't try to tilt my opponents by making such remarks. I think it's bad for the game and bad for my poker karma.

The only time I'll ever chat is if a table coach is berating a fish.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:49 PM

i'm called a fish and a tard at every table. usually because i drop a few dimes at every table. also my name used to have "donkey" in the name so I got called a donkey all the time. these guys are very original. yesterday someone called me an idiot or something and then someone else at the table flat out said "hey! don't tap the glass." what a retard.

FWIW, I have been called names by 2+2ers several times. Not only in 2+2 games.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:51 PM

I called you a fish to piss you off when I knew it was you but you didnt know it was me. LOL. Although you did donk off your stack CR AQ allin on a 9 high board. I dont think Iv ever called with KK so fast
Old 12-28-2005, 12:59 PM

I was going on third level thinking that you would think I wouldn't push there without a set since you knew I knew you saw me as LAG. However, you were stuck on first level thinking unfortunately for me. I have overpair! I call! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 12:53 PM

that's cuz 2+2ers in general are part of the newly found geek poker culture -- nitty and insecure weenies by nature

most didn't come up pre party poker so they have no idea that a certain level of etiquette keeps the whole system in place
Old 12-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Im a very polite guy but when people flip on me and start calling me a fish I ham it up, why not play the villan if it means they will throw money at me. I get what bobbo described often.