Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2004, 10:47 PM

Default How to best identify playing bad vs. running bad?

So I boot up Party to finish up some bonus clearing, and after about 1.5 hours, I'm down 90BB. Feeling like crap, about to take a break.

I'm trying to figure out where, when I get in funks like this, I should look at my game to figure out if I'm tilting, or just running bad. My W$SD is abyssmal right now, and it's feeling like I'm losing every single hand. It's impressive, but I'd really like to figure out if there are things I'm doing wrong, or if it's just the normal variance of the game (I'm primarily a full ring player).

So with that in mind, where do you guys look when you're having a royally crappy run? This is at 1/2 6max, if it matters.

Session stats:

Hands: 677
VPIP: 26
VPIPSB: 38.46
Folded SB to steal: 100%
Folded BB to steal: 38.46 (there weren't many steal raises during the session; I defended with Q9s, A9o, KTo, 66, 65s [multiway], 54s [multiway], and J6o [SB raise]).
Att to Steal: 28.93
W$SF: 32.35%
WtSD: 36.55% (is this high?)
W$SD: 43.68 (this sucks)

My biggest losers were A2s, 99, KQs, QTs, TT, A6s...all rather large losers. Down 95BB overall for the session, for -14BB/100.

What else should I be looking at? I've looked at a few of the hands (will post them) and nothing really stands out.

Rob