Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Preflop Raise Theory

Ok, I'm a very good SNG player. I find myself winning often. I have this theory - it's smarter to raise with 45 suited than K-10 off, it's smarter to raise 56 suited than Q-10 off, etc. The reasons behind my play with such hands is that K-10, Q-10, QJ, when raised, are far more likely to be dominated than 45, etc, and if you hit the flop with K-10 etc, it is obvious that you hit it to the opposing players. However, if you hit a flop with 45, such as 945, nobody will put you on 45 even if they know how you play. I say the bold part because if you raise preflop with AK, AA, AQ, hands like that (but not eh-eh cards like K-10, J-10) and bet out on flops like 945 people won't know if you hold the 45 or the AK. It's such a massive asset to my game and I believe this to be Gus Hansen's and Daniel Negraneu's expertise. I don't think I'm as good as them at this, but I think I am on the right track. The one downside I know of is that if the two undercards run into a high pair, they are fairly dominated (although low suited connectors are wonderful cards to hold in a must-all in situation when you run into, lets say, AA, as 56 suited is the #1 hand against AA in preflop percentages) A big part of this also is that you will steal the blinds a good deal of times. Now that my wrists are going to fall off, I'll ask for your opinions, got any?

Oh yeah, besides that - I notice people begin to think I'm a big bluffer sometimes. I then become your everyday rockish player - though i still bet big when i get a hand
Old 10-21-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Preflop Raise Theory

Stanzee, this is a very weak gimmick account.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:41 PM

I don't know why you think I'm someone else, I'm not whoever stanzee is. I'm just posting an opinion. Get out if you don't like it. So any unparanoid people want to share an opinion?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:01 PM

Ok, i figured it out, this is a board full of coc.k su.cking a.ss hole fa.gs who cant respond to a guy because he doesnt have 10,000 posts. [censored] you all
Old 10-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Yes youre absolutely right, specially considering that in party we start with 500x the BB and we have lots of space to manuever.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Dude your thread's been around a half hour. The board doesn't seem all that active right now (and go figure, people might be out doing something on a Friday night). Chill out esse, smoke a bowl
Old 10-21-2005, 09:24 PM

you'll get responses if you post some sample hands outlining your theories. generic statements are too hard to evaluate or comment on. you need to provide a context for your idea.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, i figured it out, this is a board full of coc.k su.cking a.ss hole fa.gs who cant respond to a guy because he doesnt have 10,000 posts. [censored] you all

[/ QUOTE ]

The honeymoon is over, I guess.

eastbay
Old 10-21-2005, 09:38 PM

Yes, there is merit in what you are saying.

But saying you have this theory that occasionally raising suited connectors and not raising with trap hands is like saying you have this theory that the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth. This is not new information. Do some reading.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh noes, insults on the internets. Now I have truly seen it all.