Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Getting outplayed

How many hands before you know you're getting outplayed?

I've just moved up to 5/10 6 Max at Prima. First couple of days I go on a tear and am +$14k or so.

Next couple of days, I've dropped about $8k. I'm a bit worried, as although I don't recall getting incredibly lucky in the first day or two, I'm now making mistakes, finding it hard to get paid off, and generally feel like I'm getting outplayed postflop.

The player pool over there is mainly tricky Scandinavians who love to get fancy on flops. I'll give it some time and see how it goes. All the hand histories are down which really isn't helping matters.

Any ideas?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Getting outplayed

Yeti,

I dont play 5/10, but I've been playing alot of shorthanded, and I have this to tell you: Shorthanded, even moreso than full, is all about rhythm and confidence. Because you're playing more hands with the same people, alot more decisions are marginal one way or the other. If you're "out" of a groove, you tend to make more mistakes, whereas if you "in" a groove, and in a huge upswings, you tend to have full confidence and make better decisions.

I know I always play better when I'm up and play worse when I'm down. I attribute all that to confidence.

The one idea I can offer is move down until hand histories come back =) Then move right back up, anything you're unsure of post...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Getting outplayed

Fair points. I am getting quite a few bad beats so maybe it will turn around. It's just so hard to play with confidence against these guys, especially when you think you may be out of your depth.

It's possible I've moved up way too quick. We'll see how it pans out.