Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Poker Stars freeroll\'s, no money in account

can I play in one of their freerolls if I have never put money into my account there. I'd like to kinda test drive their system with something other then play money.

ken
Old 11-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars freeroll\'s, no money in account

That's why they're freerolls?

Go test it out, I'm fairly sure you can.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Freerolls on Stars are played for play money (300+20). There are maxed out fields of 6000 in these at many times.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM

There are also ones that if you win you win a seat into a $1000 prize pool tournament. (Essentially, a buy in to a 1.10 NLHE tournament.)
Old 11-08-2005, 07:27 PM

Yeah, PokerStars has play money freerolls (aren't all play money games freerolls??), and they also have the 2x daily freerolls where the top 27 are entered into a weekly $1000 freeroll. These freerolls take HOURS (at least 4500 players, up to 6000) and it's so hard to finish in the top 27.

Some sites don't allow you to play freerolls unless you have deposited money before. Party, Empire, Banner, others. Kind of seems silly.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Some sites don't allow you to play freerolls unless you have deposited money before. Party, Empire, Banner, others. Kind of seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always figured this was for legal reasons

And yes, you can enter Stars freerolls with no money in your account.

If I see one registering in the lobby, I like to enter and go all-in every hand until I bust. It's amazing how upset people get on the occasions where I build a stack.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are also ones that if you win you win a seat into a $1000 prize pool tournament. (Essentially, a buy in to a 1.10 NLHE tournament.)

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the one I would like to try, what is it called in their lobby? I'm finding the pokerstars website less user friendly then party Poker

Ken
Old 11-08-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the one I would like to try, what is it called in their lobby? I'm finding the pokerstars website less user friendly then party Poker

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Click "tourney" then "freeroll", you want the black ones, the play greyish ones are for play money. There's a NL HE freeroll tonight at 10 pm (register early as it will fill up by 930).
Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 PM

"Hubble's Hold'em (No Limit) Freeroll" is what they're called in the Stars lobby and these are actually free with no play money involved. There is one starting tonight at 22:02 EST.