Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:18 AM

Default AK in SB

There is no available information about how any of the players have played before. You are TeddyKGB.

William Hill £10k Monday, NL Hold’em, Buy-In: £25+£2

50 Places Paid
1st £2569.12
2nd £1511.25
3rd £806.00
4th £654.87
5th £503.75
6th £403.00
7th £302.25
8th £251.87
9th £201.50
10th £151.12
11th-20th £100.75
21st-30th £80.60
31st-40th £60.45
41st-50th £30.22

Level 6: Stackes 100/200
Next break: in 45 minutes
Next level: in 15 minutes 150/300
403 entrants, currently 155 on 16 tables
Stacks: 15090-Largest, 2900-average, 195-smallest

Seat 1: TeddyKGB (4500)
Seat 2: Biochen (2980)
Seat 3: Onion10 (2220)
Seat 4: Handle (5202.50)
Seat 5: Gregevs (7365)
Seat 6: Pinenuts (4845)
Seat 7: Raydoday (3450)
Seat 8: Bburo7 (2555)
Seat 9: Tango7 (1115)
Seat 10: Rory001 (6702.50)
TeddyKGB posts small blind (100)
Biochen posts big blind (200)

Dealt to TeddyKGB [ A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

Onion10 folds
Handle folds
Gregevs folds
Pinenuts folds
Raydoday folds
Bburo7 raises to 600
Tango7 folds

What is TeddyKGB’s move?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: AK in SB

you prob have the best hand right now,but he has position on you.
seen as the the raise came from a stealing position then he could have a wide range of hands.
i think a good play here would be to make a pot size reraise to see where you stand.if he fold your happy ,you pick up the pot ,and he puts you all in,i would call .
Old 12-13-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you prob have the best hand right now

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you think this?

I would either min raise villain here (hoping to establish control and letting villain know I have a hand), or I would flat call and re-evaluate when i see the flop. I would prefer to reraise.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would either min raise villain here (hoping to establish control and letting villain know I have a hand), or I would flat call and re-evaluate when i see the flop. I would prefer to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
he prob has the best hand against the wide range of hands that the original raiser could raise with.
raiser may have a PP but there is simply many more unpaird hands than PP's that would fit in the raisers range.seen as AK is the best unpaired hand,hence he prob has the best hand.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you prob have the best hand right now,but he has position on you.
seen as the the raise came from a stealing position then he could have a wide range of hands.
i think a good play here would be to make a pot size reraise to see where you stand.if he fold your happy ,you pick up the pot ,and he puts you all in,i would call .

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you put in a pot sized re-raise to see where you stand if you are going to call an all-in anyway? Surely the information you find from the pot sized re-raise is irrelevant.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he prob has the best hand against the wide range of hands that the original raiser could raise with.
raiser may have a PP but there is simply many more unpaird hands than PP's that would fit in the raisers range.seen as AK is the best unpaired hand,hence he prob has the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP states that there is no information available on the other players, that he has no reads.
So based on this alone, how is it you know what cards he has, or even what his range is? He raised, that's all.
This is a common mistake that inexperienced players make in assuming they can assign certain hands to a player without ANY information at all. He raised, let's not make snap judgements about what a player has based on incomplete data. In the long run you will come out a much better player for it.

AK is a very good hand, but a dog to any pair and a major dog to AA or KK. You can argue for a reraise or flat call here, possibly even a push.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What benefit are you getting from a min-raise? He's very unlikely to fold. It allows him the chance to go all-in, do you fold to an all-in? If he just calls and you miss AK then what do you do?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Re-raise all in.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM

I'm surprised no one has yet favoured my rather unsophisticated approach here (re-raise all in). He's going to fold to an all in reraise unless he has one of a small group of hands, only one of which has you completely dominated. The range of hands that he might make this move with is very large from pocker pairs to suited connectors to face cards. Assuming you call and see a flop, any flop that will persude him to act first and show strength is likely to be dangerous. I would justput him to a decision for his tournament and if he wants to make a stand with a medium pair, well, you'll live. If you walk into bullets, you were likely to lose your chips on almost any flop.