Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Valued Posts and Posters

[ QUOTE ]
Click the notify moderator button each time you see a post that you think should be in the beginners forum or internet gambling or somewhere else and if I agree I'll take care of it

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thanks Beset.

[ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree. How to read low boards and counting outs are exactly the type of threads newer players should be reading in this forum. Counting outs in particular is quite difficult even for intermediate players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think such info (atleast how to read a low) should be included in the Omaha/8 FAQ. This would create less hostility from people who have seen such threads over and over again.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think such info (atleast how to read a low) should be included in the Omaha/8 FAQ. This would create less hostility from people who have seen such threads over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, wtf are you talking about? This has been in the FAQ for months:

[ QUOTE ]
7) How does the Eight or Better low work in O8?

In any high/low game where eight or better is the qualifier, you must have a five-card hand with all five ranks eight or below. For example, if you are playing O8, and you hold A23K in your hand, the board still has to show three cards eight or below for your low to qualifiy (in Omaha you MUST use exactly three board cards and two of your cards). If the board only shows two cards below eight (84QKT) it does not matter that you have three low cards in your hand, you still have NO low.

An easy way for reading your low is to read from the top rank down, instead of the bottom rank up. So if you hold A23K, and the board is 456JQ, your low is: 6542A. If you read your hand as a whole number, you will easily be able to figure out who has the best low (this is applicable in any low game, not just O8). For instance, your 6542A can be turned into: 65,421 (aces always count as both high and low, so they will be assigned a ONE in determining your low). If your opponent has 23QK in his hand, his low is 65,432. Do you see that your "whole number" is lower than his? He can never beat your low with this hand and this board. Reading your low as a whole number will save you much heartache if you are used to counting your low from the bottom up and do not understand when the pot is taken away from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for this:

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the front page --- I'm about to puke. I didn't come to this forum for this!

I think we need to get rid of all these [censored] threads. Move them or delete them on the spot. Im talking about the retarded ones, like how to count outs or how to figure out lows. Its a shame noone is posting interesting hands anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want more quality hand posts, post em. It's that simple. Lead the way chief.

As for the rest, newbies can ask dumb questions if they want. We're not the thread police. This place is here for 2+2 to make money and for any and all discussions relating to 08. It's not a private forum for you and your buddies to debate the intricacies of $2000 PL08 hands vs ZAPPUD.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As for this:

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the front page --- I'm about to puke. I didn't come to this forum for this!

I think we need to get rid of all these [censored] threads. Move them or delete them on the spot. Im talking about the retarded ones, like how to count outs or how to figure out lows. Its a shame noone is posting interesting hands anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want more quality hand posts, post em. It's that simple. Lead the way chief.

As for the rest, newbies can ask dumb questions if they want. We're not the thread police. This place is here for 2+2 to make money and for any and all discussions relating to 08. It's not a private forum for you and your buddies to debate the intricacies of $2000 PL08 hands vs ZAPPUD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the one exception here is the low counting thing. If someone asks something that's in the FAQ I'll lock the thread and direct them to the FAQ.