Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Valued Posts and Posters

I guess I have been here about 8 months or so reading this forum-- because PLO8 is my game of choice. I've always enjoyed the forum because it is a fairly small community and I am constantly learning and being entertained.

I realized pretty quickly that I got the most entertainment value-- and exposure to different styles from RIBBO and WINTERMUTE who both write well, appear to have a desire to teach, (or perhaps a superiority complex) are good aggressive players, and are generally entertaining.

Ribbo seems to have gone into seclusion over peoples' reactions to his ego, and WM seems to be on some rebellious kick since being censored. As much as I appreciate his humor, now with his latest bogus stat post [6789 thread], like Buzz, I am having trouble assigning any meaning to his strategy posts, as a healthy percentage of what he says is meant as a joke. It is almost like he has adopted a game theory value to how often his posts will be sincere, and how often his posts will be false advertising. Perhaps this is intentional, perhaps he is just acting out. I don't know.

I'm not sure what role the more aggressive moderation has in all of this, if any. But I would really like to see humor and analysis co-exist without censorship, AND to have people make it a little more clear when they are being sarcastic so there is less danger of people misinterpreting humor as serious advice, especially from a poster whom we take for granted is a very theoretically knowlegeable player. While I found the 6789 thread advice by WM to be suspect and possibly a prank. Someone who has not read the forum for as long as I have might not.

WM feel free to drop a "crybaby" pic on me so I know you've returned to your normal self.