Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Looking for non poker internet connection software.

My ISP tells me that my internet connectivity is over 90%, but I know that's crap since it's intermittent for three hours or so every night between 10 and 1 AM. Not much poker during these times.

I'm looking for a program that will ping a website and record whether or not it got back a result. Mabye do it once a minute, and record a % once every hour into a text file.

Heck, I might do it myself, but would like to know if anyone knows of a product that is already out there that does something similar.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Looking for non poker internet connection software.

Hi,
No disrespect intended...
I know you have heard it before but I could swear I saw a ton on this type of software when googling for something else earlier this year, give it a try...

Or try www.zdnet.com then "downloads" then enter what your lookng for in the search window, then go to the bottom of that search and and change the license thingy to free and run again.

This should give you all the apps that do what you want that are free and there should be a bunch try something like "ping tracker" or "ping Log" etc...

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 07-29-2005, 12:58 AM

It's been a few years since I've downloaded shareware/freeware, and totally forgot about softseek.com, which apparently was absorbed by zdnet. Not very +fravia of me... sorry.

Anyhow, I found what I was looking for. A program called Ping-O-Meter (clever name), and it does the job nicely.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:48 AM

What does it mean to be 90 % internet connectivity ? That mean that they are saying that you are on 90 % of the time. I'm assuming you have Dial-up so you are mad about what are you being charged ?