Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: I Found Moneymaker!!!

Looks like he's still doing promo work for Pstars as well.

You know, the commercial where he recreates his "YES!!!" from winning the ME.

He may not have a multimillion dollar endorsement deal from Nike or anything, but he's probably getting some decent scratch for his promo work. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...he just had a daughter 18 days ago and he was busy with this advertising gig.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't pity him because he's not playing. I pitied him because he's not playing and he's touring supermarkets. There is a difference.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:31 PM

That the WD on Burbank? If so, he should've gone w/ school in session.

What a tool!, although I probably wouldn't care if people didn't compare him w/ Raymer so much.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They sell whiskey at Winn Dixie in LA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grocery stores in LA (Louisiana) have ailses that look like liquor stores. It's a beautiful thing!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:40 AM

Yep the WD on Burbank, are you from around here?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:34 AM

Who's the one with the big boobs?

And who's the one with the blond curly hair?

:-)

p.s., good job, acIdREIGN462...the thought of a Winn Dixie tour made my night. Gotta wonder how much he's getting paid for this tour. I mean, the Pokerstars gig (national advert -- even if just on cable TV) must be a couple hundred a year...why do this tour?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't sell whiskey in Winn Dixie's elsewhere? This is Louisiana, we are all drinkers(notice the LSU paraphernalia).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any states (until now) where hard liquor was sold at a grocery store. All the west coast states sell beer and wine at grocery stores. But hard stuff is sold at designated liquor stores. In Massachusetts, no alcoholic beverage (including beer and wine) are sold anywhere but a liquor store, and only during certain hours (and not Sunday).

BTW, is it true that in LA, they have drive up windows, where you can order a margarita to go? (I heard this the other day, and thought it might be an exaggeration).
Old 06-28-2005, 01:46 AM

I don't see what the problem is here. Moneymaker teamed up with Canadian Club Whiskey and the APL (Amateur Poker League). Canadian Club has been going to the APL events and giving out free samples of their products. The winners of the APL events get to play against Moneymaker in Las Vegas for $2.5 million. Obviously, as part of their business deal, Canadian Club has asked Moneymaker to make some "celebrity appearances" to help advertise their products.

www.amateurpokerleague.com
Old 06-28-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They don't sell whiskey in Winn Dixie's elsewhere? This is Louisiana, we are all drinkers(notice the LSU paraphernalia).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any states (until now) where hard liquor was sold at a grocery store. All the west coast states sell beer and wine at grocery stores. But hard stuff is sold at designated liquor stores. In Massachusetts, no alcoholic beverage (including beer and wine) are sold anywhere but a liquor store, and only during certain hours (and not Sunday).

BTW, is it true that in LA, they have drive up windows, where you can order a margarita to go? (I heard this the other day, and thought it might be an exaggeration).

[/ QUOTE ]
Not an exaggeration. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I live in Northern Louisiana, but I'm from Baton Rouge and this place up here has completely different liquor laws than BR or NO. It's not Louisiana specific, parishes (counties) make their own laws.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:29 AM

This link works

http://www.ccsmooth.com/index.asp