Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2005, 02:10 AM

Default To Christians (not an attack, but an honest query)

As one who has left the Christian faith, I am curious to hear some opinions on some of the key issues that caused me to abandon it. Let me state that I have never seen or felt anything that I believe cannot be explained by the laws of physics.

I find the demand of faith without proof unreasonable and unjust. It is unreasonable in the sense that if God is all powerful he could easily supply proof to each person, so to deny us tangible proof of his existence is silly. Secondly, anyone that experiences "miracles" first hand or other supernatural phenomena are given the proof which makes it easier to believe. Therefore, to judge us on faith when some have a decided advantage is unjust.

I know that not all branches of Christianity value faith quite so highly, but once these sores and annoyances festered, I couldn't see myself staying Christian. I also feel that the God character in the bible is too unsophisticated to be believable. Many of his actions are juvenile while he simply says, "you don't understand me because I am better than you (paraphrase)" when his obviously capricious behavior is questioned which is even more juvenile and capricious.