Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Flopped flush - board pairs on turn - What is standard line

1-2 NL

Stacks
Me $240
Villian $200

Villian is BB and its his first hand. I therefore have zero reads.

2 limps to me. I call with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO.
SB completes. Villian raises to 8. One caller to me. I call and SB folds.

Pot $33 or there abouts

Flop
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Woohoo! Villian leads for $20. Folded to me I raise to $80 putting him on an overpair with the Q, K, or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Could be A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J. I charge him to draw Villian calls.

Pot $193

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me...I have he has $110 and I cover.

Standard line here? Check and bet a non-heart river?

I don't like to check b/c if the villian pushes river with a busted draw or trip J's, I give up the pot.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Flopped flush - board pairs on turn - What is standard line

push turn. If you believe you're ahead get the money in and make him pay for his draw.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:13 PM

I dont understand why you called 3xBB raise preflop? You hardly have implied odds unless you are sure you can stack him in exactly this situation.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:48 PM

You're not getting away from this here. Might as well put the chips in ASAP. If you push the turn, you're giving him terrible odds to draw to a better flush. If you check, a heart slides off, and he pushes, you have to fold. f that.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:47 PM

Yes, so I can stack somebody in this position. I'm probably not the best person to explain this so I'd direct you here.

Fimbul Post on Deep Stack and Implied Odds

To me, sooted one gappers make great hidden str8's that lead to taking stacks. If I don't flop a big draw then I'm gone.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:50 PM

If I can figure out if I'm beat here then I can get away from it. I just don't think I can fold vs. Villians range of hands. Think I'll go pokerstove it.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Let me see what I advice/perspective I can give here. Given what I tend to think about the average 1-2 NL player, this is a push on the turn as most of the hands that villain will raise from the bb that have a heart are not folding. If you were already behind, I would have expected a c/r on the flop, but JJ is the only hand I see villain both raising PF, and c/r on the flop, and I am not too sure villain would make that raise w/99/88. He may be getting tricky w/A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but I doubt it.
All in all, push the turn. I think you will be called by a big heart and if you were behind you would already know.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:25 PM

the point is that you have the situation, you hit your flush, so get the money in.

Is anyone ever worried about an overflush here, where villain also flops a flush? I lost a lot of money this way today. Any caution or just try to get allin?