Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Flopped set, suited board - now what.

Simple question. I called it down. Giving free cards or saving bets? Hoping to fill up.

Other options. Fold? if so when.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 12-13-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Flopped set, suited board - now what.

Raise the flop. You don't want to give any single clubs draws a free card. You MUST raise the flop. The chance that BB flopped a flush is very unlikely. Chances are he only has one club. I raise this flop and if he 3bets it I call it down. I don't fold this hand until a fourth club comes up and even then maybe I don't.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:24 PM

Dude you need to go crazy with hands like this. There are only a few hands that BB could have that you lose to (AK or AQ clubs). Raise the flop. Raise the turn. Go big with hands like this.

Shill
Old 12-13-2004, 11:28 PM

I agree with the last two posters. Fire away! If someone has flopped a flush, you'll have 10 outs in the river. Many people at the low limits will also call with a singular club. You must make them pay to draw here.

I think the line you took was the worst line (as opposed to raising or folding). If you fear the flush, release the hand (keep in mind that I don't think thats a great play in this spot either).

Next time, definitely raise the flop, and probably raise the turn.

Joe
Old 12-13-2004, 11:41 PM

Im not sure folding this hand is possible unless there are 5 clubs on the river. At the very least of course, until I raised him to know where how good his hand was.