Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Pokerroom Boycott on Tuesday

I appologize in advance if this offends anyone, but there's talk of a Pokerroom boycott on Tuesday because of the new rake structure.

I realize I could just switch sites, but it is/was my favorite site. So, if you play there, please spread the word. An email to customer service would be good too.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom Boycott on Tuesday

Is it okay if I start early? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WiteKnite
Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 PM

I'm in!!!

Mostly because I boycot pokerroom almost every day anyway (probably haven't bothered playing there for 6 months or so).

I agree with the general sentiment that you should just play somewhere else if you don't like it.
A boycot to try to make them change their rake is stupid.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A boycot to try to make them change their rake is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the term "boycott" seems out of place, but in reality alot of people will not play there because the rake is ridiculous. If enough people feel this way then they have no choice, but to re-evaluate.

Depends on the #'s leaving there. Availability of games may be the most important thing in a pokerroom so if that diminishes it may be a snowball effect.

Anyway my bonus in progress remains in limbo and I am leaning towards never playing there again and allowing my bonus to lapse.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:25 PM

I can't see them caring about losing winning players. The winning players aren't really who the care for anyway. Whenever a game is ultrasoft and the winning players pick apart the losing players. These sites either create a rake increase or create cheaper tables so that the losing players can lose slower and create more rake. These sites are all my mortal enemies at this point. Party/Pokerroom and Pacific are just at the top of my list, now if we had some players that kept zero rake alive maybe this crap would be over...
Old 09-01-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see them caring about losing winning players. The winning players aren't really who the care for anyway. Whenever a game is ultrasoft and the winning players pick apart the losing players. These sites either create a rake increase or create cheaper tables so that the losing players can lose slower and create more rake. These sites are all my mortal enemies at this point. Party/Pokerroom and Pacific are just at the top of my list, now if we had some players that kept zero rake alive maybe this crap would be over...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is all ridiculous. They do not care whether or not you are a winning player. All they care about is the volume that you play. I would venture that a majority of 2+2'ers play at a very high volume and they will be losing quite a bit of business if this site decides to leave them entirely.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:34 PM

Anyone who is beating the Pokerroom 2/4 FH game over 1BB/100 please join!! Sooner the better!

I have some bonuses to clear.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:40 PM

Okay you have a point but they would prefer a world where we were all marginally losing players who used the bonuses to reload...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 06:45 PM

I'm in. I cashed out yesterday with a bonus still pending.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's talk of a Pokerroom boycott on Tuesday because of the new rake structure.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you really want to send a message that will be heard you will boycott them until they revise their rake structure, not just one day.