Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Wacki get a life?
Wacki does not need to get a life 23 63.89%
Wacki needs to get a life 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Seperate PLO8 and Limit O/8 Forums?

It seems lately this forum is overrun with PLO8 posts. Which isn't a bad thing for the PL players. But its kinda hard to sift through the clutter of a game that I don't play. I wonder if any of the mods here could create seperate forums for limit and PL. Anyone agree? I know even this forum is relatively new, as it used to be in the "other poker" section. But I don't see the problem in having 3 seperate forums for Omaha. I don't wanna be a goober and add a poll to my post, but I'd like to know if there was any interest in this.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Seperate PLO8 and Limit O/8 Forums?

PLO8b should be under the PLO forum. It was for a while then moved. I'm not sure why. PLO8b is a fairly strange game, but its MUCH closer to PLO than limit O8b.

gl

Dave
Old 07-28-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO8b should be under the PLO forum. It was for a while then moved.
gl

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. It wasn't moved, people just started posting where ever they felt the urge to post. This forum has, from its beginning, been the forum for discussing limit O/8. Lately there seems to be more PLO stuff here than on the PLO forum. To make it clearer for those who can't figure it out, perhaps they should be renamed Limit Omaha/8 and Other Omaha.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO8b is a fairly strange game, but its MUCH closer to PLO than limit O8b.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get in an argument over this, but I disagree with this statement... starting hand selection is obviously much more different between PLO and PLO8 than it is between PLO8 and LO8. In addition, many players make a natural transition from LO8 to PLO8, which is why posting in this forum makes more sense to me.

I support creating a separate PLO8 forum, but until then, I'm posting PLO8 stuff here, not in the PLO forum.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:33 PM

I see all 3 games as fairly different and I don’t think it’s clear where PLO8 hands are supposed to be posted at present. And I don't think it matters alot either.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO8b is a fairly strange game, but its MUCH closer to PLO than limit O8b.

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not, in PLO8 we dont play a lot of hands PLO players would, like say 8/9/10/J thats a monster in PLO, but garbage in PLO8. And we like a lot cards most PLO players dont like say 2/3/4/5. The starting hands are pretty much the same in limit as in pot limit high low, thats why they should be in the same forum.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:33 PM

I often multi-table a mix of limit O/8 and PLO/8 games without any trouble. But if I try to mix PLO and PLO/8 tables at the same time, bad things happen.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO8b should be under the PLO forum. It was for a while then moved. I'm not sure why. PLO8b is a fairly strange game, but its MUCH closer to PLO than limit O8b.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree completely! Handling the quarters is a HUGE part of PL08 and not even a factor in PLO. I agree it should be a seperate forum, but if not-- PLO8 belongs with O8. Frankly, I suspect there are WAY more things to post about in PLO8 as opposed to limit, because the strategic nuances are much more drastic when you wind up playing heads up for your stack as is often the case in PLO8. I think this really is a PL08 forum with some occaisional limit posts.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:08 PM

Actually, I think there have been more PLO8 posts in this forum than limit in the past few weeks. Maybe rename this one "Pot Limit Omaha/8" and move limit to some other category, like "Poker for Wimps" or something?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 PM

Since I play all 3 games I read both forums. Too bad there aren't really enough posts for 3 seperate forums PLO, PLO8 and LO8. If the current trend of increasing posts continues then you might want to break it out.