Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 PM

Default K high flushes

are these going to be good often enough for it to be worth it to chase?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: K high flushes

I try to avoid calling with hands that I'm going to have some difficulty calling a reraise if I do hit my card.

I will go to the felt if I have a king high flush draw along with some straight draws, a set, or top two pair, especially against the right opponents.

A bare king high flush draw isn't generally not worth calling unless you can really put you opponents on their hands.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:12 AM

The trouble with K-high flush draws, is that it will usually cost you a ton to find out if you are any good when you hit. Basically, you have to draw to your hand which means you need good odds, but even when you hit, you suffer from a huge informational disadvantage since if your opponent has the Ace he knows you don't have the nuts and can't stand too much action. Suppose you know your opponent will always try and milk the nut flush with smallish bets and only push hard on the bare ace bluff, then if you have proper immediate odds to call you can maybe play it profitably. Your opponent might also bluff timidly and push hard with the nuts (a lot of people do this too), so be sure you know your man. Without a solid read, drawing to a K-high flush is probably a bad idea.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:50 AM

I think a bare king high flush draw is a big money loser. Obviously it's value goes up a ton if you have a set or straight draws and hit is as a redraw, but I would ALMOST never play it on its own