Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Raising then autobetting missed flops. (Warning: 10 hands)

After reading the thread, I'm not surprised a bunch of people objected to the pf 3-bet with AQo from the BB. I'm kind of surprised to see people mention that they just check with KJs though. I auto-raise that hand from all positions.

(I know this is a little off-topic -- sorry).
Old 09-19-2005, 09:06 AM

These are my suggestions before looking at previous posts:

1. Check/call.
The coordinated flop, multiway hand and OOP is disadvantageous, but the pot is big.

2. Fold.
Small pot and you missed the flop.

3. Call or raise.
I think raising might be best, as BB might be on a draw. If 3-bet and SB is still in hand, pot might be big enough to call to see the turn.

4. Call.
If BB were passive instead of TAA, then I would raise to try to buy a free card.

5. Bet.
You might have the best hand. Bet and see what happens.

6. Check/call.
OOP and a dangerous flop. For 1 bet, wait to see if you improve and that turn is not a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

7. Check/call.
The LAG will probably bet and you would rather see the turn for 1 bet than 2 bets.

8. Call.
I would probably call down as your hand might be best and pot is big.

9. Fold.
SB is passive and you missed the flop.

10. Bet.
The highest card or pair is likely to win this hand. You might have the best hand and possibly fold equity. I would call a raise to see if you improve.

OK now to have a look at the other posts. Your post made quite a nice quiz.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading the thread, I'm not surprised a bunch of people objected to the pf 3-bet with AQo from the BB. I'm kind of surprised to see people mention that they just check with KJs though. I auto-raise that hand from all positions.

(I know this is a little off-topic -- sorry).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what is the "correct" move - against 3 opponents I'm playing it a little safer. (Perhaps I'm scared of my own postflop play?)

For me the suitedness of the hand doesn't make up for it being easily dominated (I realize no one raised preflop and the likelihood of domination is small here, but still...) and also I could easily already be behind to a weak ace. I'd raise if I thought I could get even one of my opponents to fold, but since everyone has already put money in I don't think I can, so I just check/call.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:46 AM

Hand 1: Check and call up to 2 bets. The pot is huge no one's folding.

Hand 2: Fold

Hand 3: I'm interpreting the read of BB as super loose aggressive passive. So i'm rasing to try and get it HU with BB plus theres a good chance your hands still best.

Hand 4: I'd call and dump the turn UI. Tough one. your read of him is tigt aggressive is he predicatble? Does this bet mean top pair or is he solid enough to check raise. He could be trying to defend his blind. Think i'd call down if it was HU but dump the turn if the SB is still hanging around.

Hand 5: Bet/fold.

Hand 6: Check/call you have about 4 outs and although you'll probably be getting the price if someone bets its an awful board and you might be dead already. You could check/fold i suppose but i'd call one and dump the turn UI. I'm not sure to be honest i'd check/call in the heat of the moment but i think check/fold is better.

Hand 7: check/call 1 bet. I wouldn't have 3bet preflop OOP but then again i have no idea how to play AQ. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hand 8: Raise. If they keep coming at ya call down on the turn from the turn but if faced with 2 cold on the turn i'd fold.

Hand 9: Fold.

Hand 10: check/call. Fold turn UI.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 AM

1 check/fold
2 fold
3 raise
4 call
5 bet
6 bet
7 bet
8 3-bet
9 given your read, fold
10 bet
Old 09-19-2005, 12:03 PM

Awesome, a lot more input than what I expected [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Here's how I played these:

Hand 1: I bet out; God knows why. In fact, I bet out every street U/I and was called down by a rivered straight. What the hell was I thinking here?

Hand 2: Folded

Hand 3: Raised and the guy behind me 3-bet. BB didn't cap but I threw my Jacks away regardless. Amusingly enough, the 3-bettor had ATs and lost to BB's KQo.

Hand 4: Raised, was called, and took the pot when I bet a blank on the turn.

Hand 5: Bet, button called. Turn blank, bet/call. River was an 8, but also completed a backdoor flush draw. I bet anyway and he folded. No idea why he stuck around only to fold the river.

Hand 6: I bet out, intending it to be the the last money I put in the pot U/I. The table folded! I don't think I'm getting away with this one very often, heh. FWIW KJs is on my list of "raise always" hands, and is a solid performer.

Hand 7: I thought this might turn some heads. I don't have many hands on the preflop raiser, but I do know he had previously raised PF with 97o. Given that, taking the initiative and seeing if he really had a hand seemed like a decent idea. It's hardly a standard play in my book, and out of the blinds I'm apt to throw AQo away to a normal raise unless the PFR is fairly lagging in which case I make it 3. Only the preflop raiser called; I caught a Queen on the turn to crush his 87s.

Hand 8: I made it 3 bets and the LAG capped. The whole field called down the LAG from there for the privilege of losing to his T5o.

Hand 9: Raised, which only led to him calling me down with A8. Hands like these are why I posted this thread :/

Hand 10: Bet out, bet a blank on the turn but CO raised. I called and the river was a K! We capped and the villain showed...KK. That stung.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:24 PM

I have a similar leak as you so I appreciate you posting these hands and hearing what everyone thinks on them. Here is what I would probably do (take it with a grain of salt and you are probably best listening to the other posters). I might be blatantly wrong on some of these so feel free to yell at me .

1. check, too many players hanging around to win it right there.
2. fold, probably fold this preflop 10 handed as well.
3. raise, but don't go further UI
4. raise, probably wrong and should just call
5. check/fold
6. check (could bet trying to win the pot there but I wouldn't go further if called), with 4 players you'd be unlikely to knock out even a good heart or a T for one sb.
7. check, pot is huge and there are too many players
8. reraise, MP2 could raise anything there at this level I'd imagine. Your way out front a large percentage of the time I think.
9. fold, passive bettor after 3 betting PF I'd guess he has the ace.
10. bet
Old 09-19-2005, 12:36 PM

I would only autobet if heads-up or 3-handed with position and I know the two players are relatively tight. Otherwise, play by the books.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:44 PM

1: Check/call, there are too many people in the hand to bet

2: Fold, you missed the flop, unless UTG+2 is aggressive

3: Raise, he's not necessarily betting a Q, the pot's big

4: Either raise or call, leaning towards raising for a free card

5: Check/fold, four-handed you have little edge

6: Easy check/fold, this is an awful flop for you to see

7: I would have folded pf after two coldcallers, but now that you 3-bet pf you might bet with your backdoor flush draw. I'd usually check/call.

8: I'd 3-bet here almost always, unless the raiser is super tight. And that would be a hard fold.

9: I think you need to have good player reads here. If he would bet a scare card, I would raise the flop and bet the turn. Otherwise, usually fold, even though it's extremely painful.

10: You probably still have the best hand against bad players. Bet to prevent a free card.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:07 PM

KQs is pretty much an autoraise for me, with a hand like KJs it really depends on how many players are in and what type of hands they are coming in with. So if there are 3 60+ VPIP donks in the hand sure raise it up, but if the players aren't as loose KJs is not as big of a favorite, is quite possible dominated, and most importantly you are playing OOP. On the button I would raise.

But who knows. I think DeathDonkey wrote recently that at micro-limits it probably wouldn't be that wrong to raise any two suited Broadway cards in any position. And I'm sure he's right.