Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 AM

Default How easy are the $50 NL on party?

I'm not going to post my stats because they are irrelevant. I decided to 4 table the $50 NL last week to clear some bonuses and I found I had a very easy time clearing the bonus and making some money. Whenever I thought I was beat I folded, whenever I had the nuts or near nuts I would try and trap my opponent into playing for more then they should.

Are the $50's that easy or am I just that lucky? I have no intention to move up any time soon.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: How easy are the $50 NL on party?

i'm going to ask you a question and i want an honest response.

what do you expect people to contribute to this thread? are you hoping to hear others gnash their teeth at your good fortune or would you be more happy to hear that it does take very little to beat the 50 game?

fim
Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 AM

People who are playing the 25 after failing at a shot or two at the 50 will tell you that it is tough and you are running well. People who are playing the 100 after crushing the 50 will tell you that it is easy and you or any other monkey could easily beat it handily. I'll just tell you that there are a lot of people who play the 50 who are of below average intelligence. There are a lot of people who play the 50 who have not studied the game. So if you are of above average intelligence and study the game you should be able to beat it.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:02 AM

It is as easy as it seems. Those games attract donkeys thats why theyre so great to play to clear bonuses.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:03 AM

If the 50s are so easy, why not just play the 100s to clear bonuses and double your payday?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to ask you a question and i want an honest response.

what do you expect people to contribute to this thread? are you hoping to hear others gnash their teeth at your good fortune or would you be more happy to hear that it does take very little to beat the 50 game?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very happy to hear that the $50 NL game is very easy, so easy in fact that I should be 8 tabling instead of 4 tabling because all I have to do to beat the game is stay out of harms way and get the nuts.

That would make me happiest. I have another bonus to clear by the end of August that I'm knocking out tonight. And then I get to start the september bonuses. I'm trying to figure if I should just use these tables for knocking out bonuses or for building my BR as well. Currently I 8 table $11 and $22 NL sng and am looking for a little change before I go back to multi tabling SnG.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:07 AM

I'm looking for a place that I can safely 8 table. I 8 table the $11 and $22 NL SnG tourneys. I don't have a great ROI but I love the steady income and the rakeback they provide. I would like to add another game to my list of games that I can 8 table. I love playing short-handed however, I hate playing 6 person limit short handed.

I am of above intelligence and I play well, I'm just trying to figure out is if I am smart enough and play well enough to 8 table. I 4 table now without a problem.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 AM

I Imagine the $100 are at least twice as hard. I'm willing to sacrifice profit to lower my variance.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM

Assuming that your setup contains no overlap, which should be the case if you're 8-tabling SNGs, then you can probably 8-table the 50s for a higher winrate than 4-tabling the 50s and definitely a higher win rate than 8-tabling the SNGs. Tourneys suck.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:20 AM

Setup contains slight overlap. I haven't had a problem with it yet. My bankroll is around $1100, plus the bonus I'm knocking out tonight ($75). Is that enough to 8 table? I think it is but don't have the experience to be 100% if it is or not.