Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Locked threads and other BS

I'd like to comment that regardless of whether you like the policy of WSOP threads for one week which I think is a legitimate debate, Dynasty has already vastly improved this forum in general in the short time he's been moderating.

If you really think he was going to delete this thread you haven't been paying any attention to what he's been doing.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
40-50 topics is wishful thinking... there would likely be many more threads... with multiple threads on the same topic... poorly named threads... all manner of nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Best to keep all the nonsense in one huge thread.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty has already vastly improved this forum in general in the short time he's been moderating.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he do that? By sending Vince and Smoothcall to the WSOP?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty has already vastly improved this forum in general in the short time he's been moderating.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he do that? By sending Vince and Smoothcall to the wood chipper?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-13-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he do that? By sending Vince and Smoothcall to the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried to talk to them. But, it always seems that when I'm talking to one of them, the other isn't around. Then, the one I'm talking to steps outside for a moment and the other comes in seconds later. I can never seem to catch the two of them together.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this thread will be quickly locked or deleted altogether...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only locking or deleting threads which do nothing but announce a certain players status in the WSOP or report news from the event. Any other WSOP post can stay up.

There are 678 replies in the stickied thread right now. Try imagining what this forum would look like if that were broken out into 40-50 threads of 12-15 replies each. When there were multiple threads on Day 1A, the forum was a disaster.

With one primary thread, you can get all the news in one location and there are still many non-news/results WSOP threads being discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. It appears you are also deleting threads that give a non-derogatory, explanatory nickname to a player. I'd like to hear a reason for it, and I think I know what you might say.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only locking or deleting threads which do nothing but announce a certain players status in the WSOP or report news from the event. Any other WSOP post can stay up.

There are 678 replies in the stickied thread right now. Try imagining what this forum would look like if that were broken out into 40-50 threads of 12-15 replies each. When there were multiple threads on Day 1A, the forum was a disaster.

With one primary thread, you can get all the news in one location and there are still many non-news/results WSOP threads being discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. It appears you are also deleting threads that give a non-derogatory, explanatory nickname to a player. I'd like to hear a reason for it, and I think I know what you might say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was commenting about the recent WSOP "rule".

I've always deleted threads which are nothing but insults of TV poker players. That's what yours was.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was commenting about the recent WSOP "rule".

I've always deleted threads which are nothing but insults of TV poker players. That's what yours was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was not an insult. That is exactly what I figured you would say about it. It was an actual commentary on her play style, which I and many others think is terrible for poker, and I'd bet BIG money that if my post were made about a male player, it would have stood fine. PC/BS Oversensitivity has finally fully come to roost at 2+2.

Oh, and a couple insulting WPT threads of late

Matusow Meltdown
Lamest Commentator Ever

I anticipate that soon opinions will no longer be allowed in this discussion board, lest a mod doesn't agree with it.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine was not an insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

It absolutely was. Denying it is ridiculous.

In addition, you aren't even at the Rio. You're simply trying to create an insult nickname for a TV (eventually) player based soley on internet reports.

The Matusow thread isn't insulting him. It's speculation about Matusow's known tendancy to get upset and tilt away his chips.

The Commentor thread is something I don't have information since I don't get British TV.