Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 10:56 PM

Default RAKED, over the coals...

Here's my sad rakeback story. I am new to all of this so I picked one affiliate(to remain nameless so my post remains here) and signed up to a popular poker site. After about 800 hands of play I contacted my affiliate to ask if I could track my rake through them and that's when they told me I wasn't in the system. Later that day they told me they checked into it and the site said that I was signed up through a different affiliate and that neither I nor my affiliate would be getting paid for my play. Then the site responded to my inquiry by saying that there is nothing they can do for me but "let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. And thank you for playing at Absolute Bullshit Poker." By the way, I know 800 hands is not alot, but it's a little effed up when you think you're geting some of your rake back and you're not....
Old 05-12-2005, 11:07 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: RAKED, over the coals...

I'm guessing that you downloaded the software through another affiliate's link, and that invalidated the promo code you entered for the rakeback affiliate. Sux, but that's the way it works.

-Mike
Old 05-12-2005, 11:15 PM

No, when I said I picked ONE affiliate to use I meant that that affiliate was the only one I every came in contact with. I was never even on another affiliate's website!!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:22 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

Did you go directly to the Absolute website to D/L the software, or did you click a banner ad to get there? Even if you just clicked on a banner ad, there's a possibility that it left a browser cookie that made Absolute give them credit instead of your affiliate.

-Mike

Edit: fixed omitted word.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:23 PM

Cancel Account. Wait. Signup under new affiliate. Until Poker rooms give High volume players the money they deserve directly, this is the only solution.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:33 PM

I went there throught the affiliate website. All this computer stuff confuses the hell out of me.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:45 PM

If you were using firefox instead of IE it messes up some tracking with some sites.

rJ
Old 05-13-2005, 12:29 AM

Read through anyone of a dozen thread on Absolute, their tech support is as incompetent as Party's customer non-service.

Uninstall AP, clear your cookies, history, temp files, USE INTERNET EXPLORER (can't believe I just typed that), and open a NEW account (must use a new email address - tech doesn't know this) through your affilate of choice. Use the new account bonus code and neteller. That should get you rakeback and $550 (if you deposit $1k) in bonus to start.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read through anyone of a dozen thread on Absolute, their tech support is as incompetent as Party's customer non-service.

Uninstall AP, clear your cookies, history, temp files, USE INTERNET EXPLORER (can't believe I just typed that), and open a NEW account (must use a new email address - tech doesn't know this) through your affilate of choice. Use the new account bonus code and neteller. That should get you rakeback and $550 (if you deposit $1k) in bonus to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opening another account could lead to unwanted results. I wouldn't suggest this.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:08 AM

Contact CS - THEY will tell you to open the second account. Read the many AP posts it's happened to at least 2 people (I being 1).