Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 06:09 AM

Default Re: I\'m drunk and angry so this should be good

I know. I was pretty upset when I thought this would go the other way. I'll consider it dropped.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:16 AM

If this past administration wasn't bad enough for you, get ready for 4 years of what will likely be the biggest disaster in the history of American politics. The GWB/Cheney administration has to be one of the most incompetent, short sighted, misdirected, and possibly even the most corrupt administration in US history.

It absolutely boggles my mind how ignorant Americans have to be to vote for this guy! Under another Bush regime it is VERY likely that the deficit will continue to go down, more jobs will be lost, the middle class will be more and more squeezed, and I am starting to believe that the prospect of a military draft is getting likelier by the day.

I am very disappointed and am highly concerned about the future of our country (and the world) over the next four years.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand how bush has been reelected. Maybe I don't understand the issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

The short answer is Karl Rove. He is one smart, organized fellow. The tactics used in this election have been perfected over the last decade or so very methodically.

The "issues" that you probably mean are irrelevant. Anyone with even the faintest knowledge of middle east history could've told you that invading an arab country was perilous. The american government, as opposed to its populace, is universally distrusted and despised, for its support of dictators such as Saddam Hussein as well as funding Israel's massive military capability, which turned Lebanon into a wasteland and completely deprived Palestinians of any civil liberties, not to mention their homes (regardless of whether you support the establishment of a Jewish state, it's difficult to deny these results). Ten years of weapons inspections had revealed accurately the state of weapons development in Iraq. The invasion was quite openly based on the wishful thinking of The Project for the New American Century. Economically, the mantra of "lower taxes" had been used successfully since Jack Kemp first developed it in the 1970s and demonstrated its hypnotic effect to Ronald Reagan subsequent to the 1976 RNC convention. Reagan (or his advisors rather) showed successfully that large-scale military spending was an effective way to boost GNP whle keeping inflation low, with the additional political clout of "increased security". The real Bush/Rove contribution was to learn from Pat Robertson how to whip up christian fears into political motivation.

Following the Arab oil embargo of 1973, the US did little to plan for an eventual depletion of national oil reserves. Instead, we mocked Jimmy Carter's suggestions and forged ahead. It was inevitable that it would become a problem of increasing severity. There may be some justification of having "oil men" spearhead the effort to secure adequate supplies and stabilize the world petroleum market. It would be helpful if they were a bit more forthcoming about the situation, instead of making crap up about democracy and freedom in the middle east. Hussein was removed from power because of his ability to manipulate the price of oil. This was the position of the Project for the New American Century and became US government policy.

Of course, you can't forget our new enemy, the "terrorist" that conveniently replaced communists. Anybody that ignores bin Laden's clarification of their strategy is a moron of the first order. The Muslim Brotherhood has been in continuous development since the 1920s!!! Yes, we funded and supplied the mujahideen, but it was their blood and persistance that caused the Soviet Union to fall apart, not Reagan's ballistic missile programs. Yet noone bothers to wonder what their beef with the Soviets actually was. Or the government of Egypt for that matter. Or why the Iranians hated the Shah.

But we feel pretty strongly that Kerry "flip flops" on something and as I heard some guy say on TV tonight, "all those Swift boat guys can't be wrong."

Naive, uniformed, AND gullible.

Fasten your seatbeats.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand how Kerry has lost this election.

I honestly hope some or all of these things happen so the American people realize how [censored] stupid they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

These quotes illustrate why the Democratic Party has failed the past 4 years.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:26 AM

look! one poll said that 38% percent of dems were
voting against GW but not for Kerry! So what happens when they get to the poll? They may say,I don't like what's
happening with Bush. However I may like it less with
kerry!
People also had a problem with the constant statement
of "I have a Plan" what that(those) plans are is anybodys
guess! And how to pay for all of these plans was a secret
to. It probaly involved Taxing all off those dirty rotton
rich people who only pay 80% of the taxes in this
country. And thats not enough to fund all of the give aways
to the have nots who don't pay any taxes at all!
I live in a dem controlled town,and at a recent family
gathering I asked some of my cousins(who are all die hard
Dems)what is Kerry's policy going to be on several topics.
They couldn't tell me! And it was easy to see that they
were concerned about his "check the wind" posture before
he said anything. I think that Kerry's downfall was that
when the chips were down and a decision had to be made
people trusted Bush more than Kerry.
The last straw for me, was when the last tape from OBL
came out and Kerry took a poll to see what he should say before making a statement!

When the dust clears this country has to pull together
because were all in this together! But until the mainstream
media, Who's coverage of this administration and the election was so biased that it was shamefull. Needs to
remember that they are suppose to cover the news and Not Make the news to suit there purpose.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 AM

W didn't start it