Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Forgive Dutch?
Yes 23 37.10%
No 39 62.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: hunting with dad

Hunting/Shooting are just as much an upper-class form of recreation as they are a redneck one. That said, deer hunting is boring, but time with your dad is good.

So, as someone else already advocated - go sit in a deer stand with your dad for a few hours - If you're not that into the hunting part, then this accomplished both of your goals - You spend time with him, but don't have to kill anything.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:52 AM

You need to dump her and let her know why. She's an uptight environazi.

Seriously she needs to go take a wildlife conservation course. Or look it up on the internet. Without hunters game would overeat their supply of food and the next season there would be a mass death of game from starvation. It is HER responsibility to help with this, if the only way she can help is to support you, then she should being doing that at a minimum...

I say you take her with you. Jam a knife in one hand, and a rabbit full of 6 shot in the other.

BTW Machine guns aren't for shooting ducks, they are for overthrowing governments which have overstepped the authority given to them by the population. That is her responsibility as well, be sure to buy her a machine gun when you are out.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:12 AM

maybe your dad just wants to have some quality time?

ask your girlfriend what she thinks, you might be surprised.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 AM

You will have many girlfriends, but only one dad. Go hunting or you may regret it someday, a fight with your girlfriend only means make-up sex later anyways.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You should get your balls out of her purse before you go too.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

If this were me and my girl kicked up a shitstorm about this, I'd seriously consider ditching her. Who the [censored] is she to try and tell you what to do? Are you a man or what?

This could be a great time with your dad. Don't let some hippy girl get in the way of that. If she doesn't like it, tell her you'll make it up to her later by letting her have sex with you.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Where is "go hunt, have a good time, refuse to fight with gf about it". If she wants to be a bitch then let her. But there's really no reason to fight with her.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:39 AM

By the way, it's clearly not hicks paying thousands and thousands of dollars for guided hunts around the country. In Texas a ton of business gets done on organized hunts. I think you're making poor assumptions.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:41 AM

Yeah, just talk to her about it and tell her you probably won't kill anything anyway.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 AM

If your gf told you to stop playing poker would you? Do what you want to your gf should be a non-factor in this one. Sounds like you have more of an issue with it than she probably will. Go hang out with your dad if you don't want to hunt just tell him you just want to go and hang out be in the outdoors for a morning that type of thing.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, just talk to her about it and tell her you probably won't kill anything anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't talk to her about it at all. And I definitely wouldn't cop out with "I probably won't kill anything anyway." I would go do it. I would tell her I did it, and if she wants to get pissed she can, but I wouldn't argue with her about it.