Derek Jeter (NYY) 5 18.52%
Torii Hunter (MIN) 6 22.22%
Hideki Matsui (NYY) 4 14.81%
Scott Posednik (CWS) 3 11.11%
Don Mattingly (RET) 6 22.22%
other (specify) 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Is America ready for Gay Cowboys on the Big Screen?

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever thought that this reaction might me genetic and some people can't help it? People who preach that homosexuality is just as "normal" and just as practical as a classical child producing family structure piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought that it might be partly genetic. But, I think it's more of a learned response. Most of the people I know didn't grow up in a "normal" family structure. I think that the quality of family structure is best measured by the time, effort, love, caring, understanding, and nurturing that goes into them... not the specific genitalia that the people involved have.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the quality of family structure is best measured by the time, effort, love, caring, understanding, and nurturing that goes into them... not the specific genitalia that the people involved have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You totally missed my point. I'm talking Darwinism, you're talking psychology.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you ever thought that this reaction might me genetic and some people can't help it? People who preach that homosexuality is just as "normal" and just as practical as a classical child producing family structure piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur sir. I don't mind saying that if I see two gay guys about to kiss on TV, I physically cringe and look away. I will usually say something like 'oh gross' and try and wait until it's safe to look at the screen again.

I don't make any apologies for that. As far as I'm concerned, this is a totally natural reaction for me. It's as though my brain finds something just utterly sick about watching that, and I just can't do it without feeling ill. It's an automatic reaction.

However, I'm not an anti-gay, or a homophobe, or immature about the issue. If a dude wants to do that, he can stick his stuff wherever he pleases, I don't care. I treat everyone with respect until they prove to me that they don't deserve it, and I think people should be able to live how they want to live.

That doesn't however mean that I want to see it, so I'm giving this movie two thumbs down.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the preview the movie appears to feature quite a bit of on-screen gay cuddling and kissing and crap. This is what makes me not want to see the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:00 AM

Default From creators of \"South Park\"

Parker, who turns 36 Wednesday, and Stone, 34, last month signed a deal for three more seasons and South Park has begun appearing in syndication in some markets - both of which assure the world of Cartman, Stan, Kyle and the rest will continue to expand.

Parker and Stone answered the following questions in a recent interview:

AP: Cartman once described independent movies as "gay cowboys eating pudding." Now we have Brokeback Mountain, an upcoming movie by Ang Lee about gay cowboys.

Stone: If they have pudding in that movie, I'm going to lose my mind.

Parker: No, if there's pudding eating in there, we're going to sue.

AP: Are you guys prophets?

Stone: No, but Cartman is. (Laughs) We went to Sundance a lot in the mid-to-late '90s, and you could just tell it was going toward gay cowboydom.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The title would have been better as "Bareback Mountain" tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first saw the poster I thought it was going to be an AIDS documentary.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever thought that this reaction might me genetic and some people can't help it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought that it might be partly genetic. But, I think it's more of a learned response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read the "Circumcise my baby boy?" thread, and realized this is related. A lot (probably most) American women think that uncircumcised penises are "gross". Obviously, this is not genetic. It's a learned response -- what they become familiar with, is "normal", and unfamiliar things are "gross".