Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Preflop from Blinds

its just not even close....not even worth an explanation
Old 04-15-2004, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its just not even close....not even worth an explanation

[/ QUOTE ]

Which? Both? You have to be kidding! Hand #2 is a pretty straightforward any 2 suited situation.

I play neither hand here, but I'm not about to pretend that isn't a profitable situation for an expert -- let alone call it a thought crime.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:08 PM

The nice things about these kinds of hands is that they really play themselves if you're any kind of a player, especially the 72s. The K2s can get you into domination trouble a lot more than the 72s, but you may have to see the river. The fact that the BB is a maniac just makes it worse for the K2s hand. This just becomes a case of flop good, play on, if not, next hand. More importantly, if you really flop well (i.e. trips, 2 pair, or a flush draw) then it's hard to make a big EV mistake however you decide to play it. This makes it good for people even as bad as me to play it.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:15 PM

Yes its very close, but I think this is a fold here.

When you say it's very close here, are you "eyeballing it," so to speak, or are there calculations you've done to support it?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 PM

"i fold 67% to a steal in the small blind, and 62% in the big blind. i voluntarily put money in from the sb 58%, and there strangely doesn't appear to be a stat for the bb on that, but it's bound to be scalably larger."

that's interesting. i wonder if youre doing it with the correct hands in the correct situations.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:37 AM

NOBODY can play 7-2 suited profitably 5 ways from their bb. Nobody.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:16 PM

Not with 9-1 odds, only having to call 1 sb? What about t2s or 84s?

I think any two will do here when they're suited. I ran sims for this in TTH for this type of situation but can't find the printouts ATM. You're going to hit your flush 6.5% of the time (probably closer to 5% to discount the runner runner flushes), and two pair and trips (and some 1 card straights) a pretty good % of the time as well. I think you're underestimating the chances of crappy suited cards when given proper odds.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're going to hit your flush 6.5% of the time (probably closer to 5% to discount the runner runner flushes)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it worth pointing out that when you flop a good flush draw 5 way, you are making money on the flop whether you get there or not.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold 67% to a steal in the small blind, and 62% in the big blind. i voluntarily put money in from the sb 58%, and there strangely doesn't appear to be a stat for the bb on that, but it's bound to be scalably larger.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you defend almost as much from the sb as the bb? thats kind of strange isnt it? or am i missing something?

are you at all worried that your giving up too much vs steals in the bb by folding 62%? my number is a little lower than that ive still been a bit concerned about it. from the other point of view i know that if im in late position and see a BB that folds 62% i raise with a ton of stuff and feel like im taking advantage of a BB that underdefends. high folded BB to steal percentages are actually one factor thats causing me to gradually devolve into increased levels of LAGness before the flop by inspiring me to raise too light too far from the button.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:21 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

15/30 has a 2/3 blind structure, and no i don't feel i'm giving too much up