Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 PM

Default TPSK, OESD, I suck at poker.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (10 handed) converter

CO (t2605)
Button (t6249)
SB (t7220)
BB (t8939)
UTG (t7735)
UTG+1 (t3942)
UTG+2 (t2665)
MP1 (t5135)
MP2 (t11630)
Hero (t8953)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1500</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t700.

Flop: (t3300) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t3300) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero .....

Villian had come to the table with a huge stack, and let it dwindle away by basically not getting involved, at all. He hadn't gotten out of line, and had played very tight.

When he minreraises me preflop, his hand range narrows a lot for me: something like JJ+, AK, and air. I mean, I had only had about 70 hands with the guy, but he wasn't in the habit of raising, much less minreraising.

I was going to pull the trigger on the flop and just didn't. I thought that he could easily be trapping with a big hand and I knew I'd be PCing myself with any bet. So, my thoughts were that I would check it through, and let him bet inferior hands into me. Since I had the draw, it wasn't like I was going to be outdrawn (maybe into a split pot, but, you know, meh).

But then when he pushed the turn, I had second thoughts. Does anyone find a fold here, or is this an instacall, or somewhere in between?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: TPSK, OESD, I suck at poker.

i'll only do this once, but i would like a bit of feedback on this, because im unsure about the hand.

so, bump.

edit: DOHHH! No wonder no one was replying.

In my effort to get rid of the results, I got rid of SB's action.

I'm such a freakin donk.

He PUSHED THE TURN. Slightly overbetting the pot, for most of my chips.

Sorry about that guys.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:33 PM

Well put him on a range.

AA - hes got the straight draw and got top pair and he pretty much has you.
1010-KK: In any case he has you, though KK and QQ are unlikely. More like JJ.
AK - hes got ya with the straight.

On balance I'd say its a fold. Just about every hand has you beat, and the check on the flop says something.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:47 PM

This basically reduces to an unsuccessful blind steal attempt. Did you consider folding pre-flop, since your read gives him a better hand and you're getting less than 4-1 odds? Or did you forecast an easy push against AK given his tightness?