Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 06:52 AM

Default New card and table mods for Party and skins !

hi all

New card and table mods for Party and skins have been added to pokermods.com!
The card mods are created by Waffle and mmbt0ne.

Example screenshot:

Old 11-18-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Re: New card and table mods for Party and skins !

I sorta like the blue velvet but that card design leaves me cold -

you have ads and ask for donations on your site - this may be construed as spamming, but good luck.

RB
Old 11-18-2005, 07:41 AM

Wierd question/thread hijack:

I much prefer the simpler designs such as pokermod. But call me a fish, but I actually *like* the avatars in place. This is because some part of my subconcious mind keeps track of the visual images much easier when multi-tabling. So when I have some recent history with, say, seat 4 on table 3, I will remember how we tangled in the past much better with an image, than without.

Is this just one of my idiosyncrasaties, or do other people have this? Furthermore, are there any "clean" skins which can have the avatars but not look stupid? Would it be possible to replace the avatars with simpler, cleaner avatars? Perhaps just even a skin with some sort of visual symbol/represntation placed in the position of each seat.

FWIW: It's a free service and many people find this site useful, I don't think the accusations of spamming are fair in this case.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I much prefer the simpler designs such as pokermod. But call me a fish, but I actually *like* the avatars in place. This is because some part of my subconcious mind keeps track of the visual images much easier when multi-tabling. So when I have some recent history with, say, seat 4 on table 3, I will remember how we tangled in the past much better with an image, than without.

[/ QUOTE ]The thing is, it's the same avatar, based on seat location, for ALL your tables. If you remember things visually, you're gonna think the 4seat at ALL your tables tangled with you.
-Sam
Old 11-18-2005, 09:45 AM

Yeah I know what your saying, but the visual co-ordination thing def. helps, believe me. E.g. some part of my brain remembers it is that particular image at that particular table. I did try and adapt to playing without avatars and i found it harder remembering who had done what.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The thing is, it's the same avatar, based on seat location, for ALL your tables. If you remember things visually, you're gonna think the 4seat at ALL your tables tangled with you.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't true, but if the 4 seat gets up and a new guy sits down before you notice it, you'll be incorrectly adjusted to the new guy.

Thats why I stopped using the avatars myself.

blake
Old 11-18-2005, 09:58 AM

That has been a problem in the past, but I only max 4-table and do tend to notice when a person changes. Even when I miss it I generally notice the stats are different.

I'm seriously thinking about mocking up a quick table with some simple symbols over each chair. Good/bad idea? Any suggestions?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That has been a problem in the past, but I only max 4-table and do tend to notice when a person changes. Even when I miss it I generally notice the stats are different.

I'm seriously thinking about mocking up a quick table with some simple symbols over each chair. Good/bad idea? Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

It'd be cool if the mod could read off poker tracker and put an avatar of a fish, rock, what have you, at each seat.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 PM

these card are the best card mods I've seen. Been using them since waffle put them up in the software forum. They look alot better on black background though. This table mod does not do the cards justice.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It'd be cool if the mod could read off poker tracker and put an avatar of a fish, rock, what have you, at each seat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get to work, boys.