Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 11-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Mat Sklansky Mat  Sklansky is offline
Senior Member

Default We need to answer this quickly.

Got an answer for me on this?

Chuck

Begin forwarded message:

Old 11-17-2005, 12:49 AM
AngryCola AngryCola is offline
Senior Member

Location: Wichita
Default Re: We need to answer this quickly.

[ QUOTE ]

> The current posts in HUSH need to go into one of the new forums
> (since HUSH itself is going away.) Which?
>
> It looks like the current limit hold'em forums simply split the
> current Middle/High stakes forum into two. Again the old posts
> will have to be in one or the other of the new forums. Which?

[/ QUOTE ]

The mods of these forums should pick one or the other, and then they can move threads to the other forums as they see fit. It will be a bit of work, but the choice of which forums the posts go into right after the split shouldn't be a big deal.

Not trying to clutter up the thread here, but that seems like the best way to do it.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 AM
B Dids B Dids is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sea-town!!

I'd say keep existing hush posts in little hush- that's where the bulk of them fit.

I'd think that the mid-high stuff should stay in high limit, simply because it's the "mid" limit that's the new concept.

The other two suggestions seem to make sense.

The issue that hasn't been mentioned is that it makes sense to move the HUSH forums into "Texas Hold 'Em" and not just in "poker".
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 AM
MrWookie47 MrWookie47 is offline
Senior Member

Location: ^^ That wookie

I think that the bulk of HUSH regulars will be headed to MHSH, so I think the old HUSH posts should go there. I think that since the bulk of SS is the lower stuff. We're doing this because the 15/30 people weren't posting. Consequently, I think the current SS posts go into the new SS, and the current Mid/High stuff goes into Higher stakes.

BBV under general gambling is good, and Suggestions under OT is good.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Surfbullet Surfbullet is offline
Junior Member

> The current posts in HUSH need to go into one of the new forums
> (since HUSH itself is going away.) Which?

I'd say put them in SSHUSH. *Most* of the posts are smaller stakes, and if I'm made moderator of both forums I could probably move the still-active mid-high threads over to MHUSH, no? Then there will be less threads to move(if they can be moved at all, if they can't it's not a big deal they'll just die out) and I think that SSHUSH will probably see more traffic in general.

> It looks like the current limit hold'em forums simply split the
> current Middle/High stakes forum into two. Again the old posts
> will have to be in one or the other of the new forums. Which?

In this instance i'd say to leave them in "Higher stakes" since most of the Mid-high posters will remain in "High" and "mid" will be mostly for HUSHers and SSers who needed a new home. I'd get Bobbyi's + dcifr's opinions on this though, but that seems the logical conclusion.

> Finally, I'm assuming that Beats, Braggs, and Variance should
> go under "General Gambling" and that the Forum Suggestions (I
> like Forum Support better) goes under Other Topics. Is that
> what you envision?

This looks good. Also, only 1 'g' in "Brags."

Surf
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Jim Kuhn Jim Kuhn is offline
Senior Member

Location: Midwest, USA

Mat,

I would suggest the current posts go with the mid limit forums and treat the high limit like a new forum. I would agree the BBV is under the General Gambling and Forum Support is under other topics. That is just my suggestions and please feel free to honor others suggestions or utilize your own discretion.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Surfbullet Surfbullet is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the bulk of HUSH regulars will be headed to MHSH, so I think the old HUSH posts should go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that most regulars are headed to MHUSH, but I think most of the currently extant posts wont. I don't mind taking the time to move the active ones over, however.

Surf
Old 11-17-2005, 12:53 AM
MrWookie47 MrWookie47 is offline
Senior Member

Location: ^^ That wookie

Eh, I guess HUSH has a lot of 5/10 traffic. Since that's "small" (still seems big to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), maybe defaulting the HUSH posts to SSSH is better.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:58 AM
bobbyi bobbyi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Seattle, WA

[ QUOTE ]
In this instance i'd say to leave them in "Higher stakes" since most of the Mid-high posters will remain in "High" and "mid" will be mostly for HUSHers and SSers who needed a new home. I'd get Bobbyi's + dcifr's opinions on this though, but that seems the logical conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Absolutely mid-high needs to turn into higher stakes. We sold this move to the mid-high folk by telling them that the new "higher" forum would essentially be equivalent to today's mid-high forum and that the "mid" forum was something new we were creating specifically for roughly 8/16 to 15/30 or 10/20 to 20/40 because those limits have no home today. Having mid-high morph into mid would undermine what everyone has agreed to and cause much confusion. The intention here is for "higher" to be the new home for most of today's mid-high discussions.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Entity Entity is offline
Senior Member

Location: joining the U.S.S smallstakes

I think defaulting current HUSH posts to SSHUSH is a good plan.

Rob