Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: People on The Price is Right are idiots

When I watch the Price is Right, it's for the unimaginable unintentional comedy.

The Clock Game is surreal.

A few months back someone bid $60,000-plus on their showcase, which was obviously less than $30,000. I was literally on the floor laughing.

And bidder's row deserves its own blooper-reel.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I watch the Price is Right, it's for the unimaginable unintentional comedy.

The Clock Game is surreal.

A few months back someone bid $60,000-plus on their showcase, which was obviously less than $30,000. I was literally on the floor laughing.

And bidder's row deserves its own blooper-reel.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Plus Bob has been making the same jokes for a few centuries now. I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."
Old 11-16-2005, 02:50 PM

Forgot about the game (I can't remember the name) where there's three prizes, one with three digits (the prize price is two digits), one with four (the prize has three) and a car at the end (six digits, use five). Contestants get 10 total guesses at the three prizes, and they must win the first prize before moving to the second, and the second before they get to the car.

This game in inevitably, terribly butchered by 95% of the contestants who play it. I've seen several butcher it so bad that they never even got to the car, for crying out loud. Most of the people on these boards could get the first two prizes in four or fewer guesses.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's funny too because alot of them are college students and they are still idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen no evidence that those two catagories are mutually exclusive.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has a clue what they are doing in the initial bidding, I see it time and time again. Here's an example:

Keep in mind this is the closest to the actual price without going over

They are bidding on a set of snowshoes. I can't remember how many you get but they're pretty sweet and expensive looking.

Player 1: $750, a solid opening bid
Player 2: $1, a little risky in my opinion with two players yet to act
Player 3: $751
Player 4: $650. WTF? Her options are to choose 2 dollars or 752. If she doesn't want to seem mean by picking 2 dollars she can go with 100 or something. terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
first, i can't believe you watch this show but i would be angry too, that is ridiculous.

a little story about how my gf said i am way too competitive the other week. the game was "pick a number between 1-10," obviously the closest to it wins so the person second to act has an advantage. my gf's bro picked 7 (terrible opener, always start with 5...make them go above or below and even out your chances), so i am thinking, "yes its in the bag!" my gf's sis says, "8." i was so angry at her for losing, and she was trying to tell me that the number could have been above 7 blah blah blah and i was trying to explain it to her and it basically just led to my gf saying that its a dumb game and i shouldn't analyze things too much. [censored] she played it terrible [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].
Old 11-16-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, you guys actually watch The Price is Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in college I watched it every day for a few months, just because of having a break from class when it was on. Since then I don't watch it at all, but happened to catch it the other day at a hotel room somewhere. It's one of those shows where you know what you're gonna get everytime, so there are no high expecation to fulfill or anything, it's just goofy entertainment.

Swede
Old 11-16-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are bidding on a set of snowshoes. I can't remember how many you get but they're pretty sweet and expensive looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have to give a pass to people in Burbank, California not knowing the price of snowshoes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its great when a 70 year old woman wins the showcase showdown of a sail boat or a european skiing vacation instead of the home furnishing package.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a little story about how my gf said i am way too competitive the other week. the game was "pick a number between 1-10," obviously the closest to it wins so the person second to act has an advantage. my gf's bro picked 7 (terrible opener, always start with 5...make them go above or below and even out your chances), so i am thinking, "yes its in the bag!" my gf's sis says, "8." i was so angry at her for losing, and she was trying to tell me that the number could have been above 7 blah blah blah and i was trying to explain it to her and it basically just led to my gf saying that its a dumb game and i shouldn't analyze things too much. [censored] she played it terrible [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this happens all the time in the drinking game [censored] the dealer. You pick a card between 2-A and then if you miss the person looking at the deck says that the card is either higher or lower than what what you guess, and then you get to guess again. Obviously you should be guessing 7, 8, or 9 for like the first 30 cards depending on what has already been revealed, but there are people who constantly start off their guess with 4 and J, etc. and it drives me crazy. Of course when they get it on the first guess they always have to say that they knew it.

Assholes.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid, I used to believe that.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid, I used to believe that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Bob lie to us about something like that?