Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 10:50 PM

Default bb special... or not?

read on villain is that he was nothing special. i hadnt seen him get out of line much, but he seemed to be the average donk that liked TP a whole lot more than he should. his turn bet froze me up... what's your line?
50 nl 6-max
effective stack 40
dealt to hero J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB

pre-flop: folded around to sb who completes, i check.

flop (1): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
villain bets 1, hero raises to 4, villain calls.

turn (9):7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villain bets 5, hero...

whats your plan from here on out?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: bb special... or not?

[ QUOTE ]
read on villain is that he was nothing special. i hadnt seen him get out of line much, but he seemed to be the average donk that liked TP a whole lot more than he should. his turn bet froze me up... what's your line?
50 nl 6-max
effective stack 40
dealt to hero J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB

flop (1): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villain bets 5, hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, donk bet. Why not raise to $12 here and be done with it if he plays back? It's either that or call here and call a reasonable river bet. I think a fold here is out of the question given your read. I guess I'm raising here to $12.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
50 nl 6-max
effective stack 40

villain bets 5, hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, donk bet. Why not raise to $12 here and be done with it if he plays back? It's either that or call here and call a reasonable river bet. I think a fold here is out of the question given your read. I guess I'm raising here to $12.

[/ QUOTE ]

against this type of moron i think folding is out of the question. i think what im asking is if i raise the turn, do i let him off too easily. or if i call the turn can i raise a blank river. this hand just sorta confused me on how to get value without overplaying my hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
50 nl 6-max
effective stack 40

villain bets 5, hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against this type of moron i think folding is out of the question. i think what im asking is if i raise the turn, do i let him off too easily. or if i call the turn can i raise a blank river. this hand just sorta confused me on how to get value without overplaying my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm still stuck on the fact that if he's leading the turn, it's because the turn helped him. And any help he got from the turn makes your hand next to worthless. I'm looking for a cheap showdown here. You're looking to extract. We are just approaching this from opposite poles.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 PM

ya i looked at it from your point of view during the hand and just called down. i guess im just getting greedy. if i raise the turn i am stuck in a wierd spot if he comes along and if i call the turn and raise the river i shouldn't get called by hands i beat. thanx...