Old 10-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Millions More March

I'm there, anyone else?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Millions More March

[ QUOTE ]
I'm there, anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have your wi-fi laptop, huh? How's the weather? Many hot chicks around?
Old 10-16-2005, 01:07 PM

Default American Blacks Are in DEEP Trouble

Or at least the ones that follow "Screwy Louie" Farakhan and the rest of his nitwit cult.

The theme of the speakers was our life sucks and we need to organize to pressure the government to make our lives better. Actually American blacks are quite organized. 90% of them vote for the Democrat party. The Dems take them for granted and the Repubs consider them a lost cause (with regard to winning their votes). A good number of the speakers wanted reparations since their ancestors were slaves. I guess all the free handouts from LBJ's War on Poverty is not enough. They are still begging. One of them crack me up when he said that we need to stop getting jobs and get 'careers'. To me that is codespeak to not look for entry level jobs and wait for some pie-in-the-sky dream job. While they are daydreaming about being hired out of high schools to be the CEO of General Motors Inc, some Mexican who can't speak English snatches a blue collar job under their noses.....

Another line that cracked me up was when a speaker said they need more black schools. The Wilmer Hutchins School District in South Dallas is a black run school. It is now bankrupt because the All-Black leadership stole money from the district, gave contracts to cronies and destroyed incriminating purchase orders, and after the school went bankrupt......teachers came to the school to steal TVs and other equipment infront of TV news cameras. One fat black woman walking out with a TV threatened to sue the TV reporters if they showed her face on TV!!!??? Talk about Chuztbah!!! The dsitrict representatives said that if they returned the equipment, they would not press charges...

This romantic embrace of the hip-hop gansta culture has not done them any favors. We have white kids dressing black because their love hip-hop music but most act white with respect to pursuing entry level jobs, working hard, and seizing opportunities to improve their lives. The young blacks embrace this gansta culture BUT....they fail to embrace hard work. I drove to Dallas to see some kickboxing. During an intermission, I went to a concession stand that was staffed by ALL young blacks. I was flabbergasted on how TERRIBLE the service was. No one would approach me to ask for my order and I had to get their attention. Then the cashier was some brain-dead nitwit who had to ask two other people for help to ring up my order. My buddy who drove up with me had the same experience that night as well. I would not hire any of these people. They did not know the meaning of the word service nor taking pride in their work...

If the black leadership were to ask my for advice to improve their lot, I would give them two words of advice:

ACT WHITE....
and if you can't do this then
ACT MEXICAN

Ditch your loser self-pittying-Screwy-Louie-Farakhan black friends and find some white people to hang out with. Because what your doing now is not working... Obviously my rant does not apply to all blacks but even most objective blacks would concede their culture has been failing them. Perhaps it is time to stop doing what has been failing and follow more successful role models....
Old 10-16-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: American Blacks Are in DEEP Trouble

[ QUOTE ]
ACT WHITE....
ACT MEXICAN

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just awful, wtf are you taking.

Mack
Old 10-16-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ACT WHITE....
ACT MEXICAN

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If we're just talking race here, he's right. There's no percentage in acting like a sterotypic black.

It's not by any means ethnic. The advice I gave my kids was -- If you want to be rich, then hang around rich people and do what they do. If you want to be poor, then ... , etc. -- same for drugs, happiness, misery -- just follow people who are that way.

If people want to move from where they are, then at some point they have to make a decision. They have to sell what the buyers are buying.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:50 PM

This is great. All black people are lazy criminals because two speakers said something you didn't like, one school was corrupt and three low-level service workers didn't sell you a boxing t-shirt fast enough.

NT
Old 10-16-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Did anyone hear Screwy Louie Farakhan\'s Claim about......

.....being picked up by the Mothership (UFO) and that the voice of his dead mentor/teacher Elijah Mohammed spoke to him from beyond the grave.

They played this clip over the radio and it was bizarre. I knew this guy was a rascist, anti-semite, and a proponent of violence but until I heard this audio clip I thought he was somewhat sane (in a Hitler way). After I heard his UFO mothership claim, I realize this guy is clinically insane. What does this say about the Nation of Islam organization?

I'm surprised that not every news organization in the USA wasn't playing this audio clip. If Rush Limbaugh said something like this, the US media would have played this clip 24/7.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:25 PM

From what I have observed, Blacks from Africa come to the USA and work/study/embrace the American dream. The are very willing to assimulate and embrace the mainstream American culture.

On the other hand, American blacks have resisted assimulating in the mainstream American culture. They tend to segregate themselves from whites and 'follow' the race baiters like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farakhan, and other nitwits. Many of them blame whites for their problems and many of them think the govt should pay them reparations (didn't they get 40 acres and a mule after the civil war?).....

If you track the statistics of Crime, fatherless children, out-of-wedlock births, etc.... American blacks are self destructing..... My point was American blacks that follow Farakahn, Jackson, and Sharpton are screwing up by immercing their minds in hate and failing to prosper in the wealthiest nation on earth. What they have been doing has not worked so perhaps they should change their tactics. Being from England I doubt you have much first hand experience the the plight of American blacks.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Millions More March

Shall We Overcome?

I think this article makes some valid points.

IMO the gist of the article is encapsulated by the following:

I'm guessing that the rationale for this weekend's gathering is identical to that of the initial march. It is a lament we have heard in one guise or another for 3 1/2 decades: Our family is in crisis; black men are an endangered species.

and

On the one hand, we are CEOs at AOL Time Warner, American Express and Merrill Lynch; we have served as secretary of state and White House national security adviser; we are mayors, police chiefs, best-selling novelists, MacArthur fellows, Nobel laureates, professors, billionaires, scientists, stockbrokers, engineers, toymakers, inventors, astronauts, chess grandmasters, dot-com millionaires, talk show hosts, actors and film directors; Protestants, Catholics, Muslims, Jews and Buddhists (as is yours truly). We are inescapable in the fabric of America's lived experience and defy easy categorization. The GDP of black America is $631 billion. Homeownership is close to 50%. The number living in poverty is 25%, which is too high, of course, but a vast improvement over indigence of the past.

But there is a second, disturbing profile that reveals too high a percentage of black men being AWOL as fathers and husbands; as disappearing from our colleges (UC Berkeley's 2004-05 freshman class had only 108 African-Americans out of 3,600 students, with less than 40 males, and not one black among the 800 entering students in engineering); as graduating from high school with an eighth-grade level of proficiency in math and reading; in prison, on probation or on parole (a third of black men in their 20s). With the HIV infection rate doubling for blacks in the past decade, as well as urban violence, hypertension, social stress and heart disease, the number of black men now trails black women by two million. And it is not as if black women are thriving; the HIV infection rate for black women is 20 times that for white women (possibly because of "down low" bisexual black males who hide the fact of their homosexuality).

and

Two things could not be more clear in 2005: First, without strong, self-sacrificing, frugal and industrious fathers as role models, our boys go astray, never learn how to be parents (or men), and perpetuate the dismal situation of single-parent homes run by tired and overworked black women. The black family as a survival unit fails, which leads to the ever-fragile community collapsing along with it. Second, our black predecessors (particularly Booker T. Washington with his corny but unfailingly correct "gospel of the toothbrush") understood from the era of Reconstruction until the late 1960s how indispensable was the black family for sustaining a fight against racism that by its very nature can only be measured in centuries, and for ensuring that our progress toward liberation, personal and political, would not be lost in but a single generation as it now threatens to be.

I also note that the "Great Society" legislation was enacted in the mid 60's and FWIW the destruction of the family unit in the black community began during this time period. Correlation or causation, you tell me.

Too bad Louis Farrakhan is a racist dog because I think that his message about black men abandoning their responsibilities as fathers and husbands has merit.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:31 PM

This is great. All black people are lazy criminals because two speakers said something you didn't like, one school was corrupt and three low-level service workers didn't sell you a boxing t-shirt fast enough.
American blacks are in 1st place in per capita crime.
American blacks are in 1st place in producing out-of-wedlock children.

And it was not a t-shirt but a beer. I was one of two people in line. The concession stand counter was about 20 ft long and they had four 'workers'. When I wanted another beer I went to a different concession stand and I had a similiar experience of poor service.

As for corruption have you ever heard of New Orleans and East St Louis? I would argue that when it comes to corruption American black 'leaders' lead the pack as well.