Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Obsessive-compulsive walking patterns / cracks / lines / etc.

I'll frequently try and match my strides so that I'm covering precisely one tile length in an integer number of steps. It's not something I have to do, but I enjoy doing it.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:42 PM

On stairs I always step with the foot opposite any pattern, design, bar, light etc. So sometimes I will have to take 2 stairs with the same foot, which is odd. Although sometimes to avoid this I jump over it completely.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 PM

when I'm riding along in a car, I'll often tap my finger everytime the car is exactly inbetween two dotted (yellow or white) lines.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok does anyone else do this:
I prefer not to step on cracks when i start thinking about it, but if i'm already walking and talking to someone i won't make a big deal of it etc. However, sometimes, i'll be counting in my head the number of steps between the cracks and then trying to make a pattern out of it and if i go out of that pattern it feels a bit strange. like 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 (steps between each crack).

Anyone else do something like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep
Old 09-26-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i doubt anyone else shares this particular neuroticism but... say we're driving down the highway and someone else is driving and i'm in the back seat. Often i'll click my teeth (just kinda bite down or something lightly ) for every one line and try to do it for each white line and then stop eventually when i realizei t would be impossible to do it for all the lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do something similar to that. Whenever there is a line in the road, I'll curl my toes up, or lift my heels off the ground. Sometime I'll do this every time we pass a telephone pole instead.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:02 PM

Does anyone else, after they spin around for whatever reason, feel they have to spin in the opposite direction to "unspin" themselves? If I don't, something just doesn't feel right. If I can't unspin though, I just drop it and it isn't too big a deal.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 PM

I wonder what percent of 2+2ers do this compared to the general public? I bet there are traits very common in successful (or at least analytical) poker players that correlate strongly with this type of behaviour.

I do this way too much too, to the point I have to conciously try not to do too much because people notice and comment on it.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do most of these things while walking. I don't have problems with doing things in sets so much, but I kind of get upset if things aren't symmetrical. ADD drugs help though.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you get said ADD drugs if youve never been diagnosed with it but are pretty sure you have it? theres got to be a college black market for it, any other way?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i doubt anyone else shares this particular neuroticism but... say we're driving down the highway and someone else is driving and i'm in the back seat. Often i'll click my teeth (just kinda bite down or something lightly ) for every one line and try to do it for each white line and then stop eventually when i realizei t would be impossible to do it for all the lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do something similar to that. Whenever there is a line in the road, I'll curl my toes up, or lift my heels off the ground. Sometime I'll do this every time we pass a telephone pole instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this, but I shoot a finger gun instead of curling toes/lifting heals.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:34 PM

I do all of those things. Also, I walk over the same number of tiles with each step and on brick walkways I won't walk on the half-bricks, only whole ones.