Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: I like big bucks and I cannot lie

I'd fully expect the guy to check behind QT/QJ here. Unless he's a horrible handreader, which most guys in 20/40 and upward on Party aren't, it's pretty clear that the river card has ruined his hand. So, bet/call.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:05 AM

I gET tHE fEEL1NG tHA pLYERS wH0 pLAY 60% OV hANDS AND rAISE 20% aRENT pLAYIN pOKEHER 2 hAND rEAD. WOT DO U FINK? GAMBOOOOOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooool!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:08 AM

Hope it was a great night [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that this guy would play any two pair (or maybe even Q9!) exactly the same way, it seemed like a pretty easy betcall situation. I bet, he called, showed me Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]you missed a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has got to take the prize for "most worthless comment of the month." Congratulations! You had a lot of competition for this prize, but you managed to pull through in the end!

[/ QUOTE ]

nightwish why are you so upset? flawless_victory and 1800gambler just taught you a great play, as they said, LAG probably has QT or QJ and the c/r is the right way to exploit that hand range and his LAGness. it is too bad you're such an angry person or you might have learned something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bruiser, this has nothing to do with people disagreeing with me. I don't mind people suggesting a different play as long as they explain their rationale (which is something you did above). What I do mind is people posting tiny one-liners capped with a pointless results-oriented one-liner -- which is all that flawless_victory did in this thread. If that's his idea of a "contribution to discussion," I don't want it.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:25 PM

bet/call knowing that as long as this guy is playing poker that he will be your ATM machine.

"Sometimes you gotta make a deposit before withdrawing." - Liberace
Old 09-18-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gET tHE fEEL1NG tHA pLYERS wH0 pLAY 60% OV hANDS AND rAISE 20% aRENT pLAYIN pOKEHER 2 hAND rEAD. WOT DO U FINK? GAMBOOOOOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooool!

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading the original post right, his stats are 60/20/1, with 1 being the aggression factor (correct?). If you're going to be playing this off those stats you should include this information and think this guy isn't blindly betting his hand into boards like that. I'm not saying he is or isn't going to bet if you check to him, I'm just saying it's not guaranteed like you and flawless make it out to be.

If that isn't aggression factor, well then I'll probably shut up now.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading the original post right, his stats are 60/20/1, with 1 being the aggression factor (correct?). If you're going to be playing this off those stats you should include this information and think this guy isn't blindly betting his hand into boards like that. I'm not saying he is or isn't going to bet if you check to him, I'm just saying it's not guaranteed like you and flawless make it out to be.

If that isn't aggression factor, well then I'll probably shut up now.

[/ QUOTE ]

d0 U eVeN UNDERSTAND THE FORMULAA FOR AGGRO STAT?