Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: PLO8, bare AAxx question

[ QUOTE ]

On the two-to-low board, I'd check-fold to a pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-14-2005, 05:53 PM

With the two high card flop, I'd be inclined to check-raise the flop (assuming good competition).

What if ur oop, then on the flop you check, planning for a raise. You get potted, then you raise, now how much will u raise? If you pot back your risking running into 2 pairs or better (or wrap around draws)..., if you don't pot back your inviting player to bluff you out.

Say you raise and then you get potted back (and your opponent move in)? Are you ready to commit to a two high card flop with only an overpair? Do you have a significant edge on this flop? Or will you shove in just because you determine that you currently have the best hand (not potentially the best hand)? Or you will fold?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:09 PM

You want to re-pot it on the flop. Very often, a decent player will fold two pair to a check-raise (I would). For this move to work, the opponent has to fold 1/2 the time. I think that will normally be the case on that flop. If you lead out, it's very easy for an opponent to think you are stealing the pot with a marginal holding (especially if you raised preflop). A check-raise has to be respected, though.

If you check-raise and someone moves in, you better fold. You are probably way behind. At least at this point you know where you are and will not loose any more money. The more difficult situation, actually, is what to do on the turn if your raise is flat-called. Most of the time I'd give up on the hand, but, with a good read, leading out again on the turn might be correct.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:40 PM

Thanks everyone.