Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 09-07-2005, 04:54 PM

Default M had enough

I believe that M did a very good job as moderator, but he has told me that he doesn't want to deal with it anymore. I can't say I blame him. So it's back to just me.

I contacted M to moderate for a specific reason awhile back. That issue seems to have been resolved, so perhaps politics doesn't need a user-mod. We'll see. In the meantime if people here feel that a particular user should be assigned and that person wants to moderate, pm me.

Anyway, M made his decision, so there's no use in spending more time critiquing his moderation. Carry on. Be respectful.

Mat
Old 09-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: M had enough

Too bad they chased him away. As just about everyone here knows, my politics and MMMMMMs are rarely if ever in agreement; yet I too think he did a fine job despite constant sniping at him left and right. Too bad.

Thanks, M, for the good work.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too think he did a fine job despite constant sniping at him left and right. Too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad they chased him away. As just about everyone here knows, my politics and MMMMMMs are rarely if ever in agreement; yet I too think he did a fine job despite constant sniping at him left and right. Too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Concur
Old 09-07-2005, 05:09 PM

I thought most of the moderator "sniping" was just to keep favored topics on the top of the list. I like MMMMMM, but he took the bait every time. There should be an 'iconic' procedure for moderators to warn posters, rather than the moderator inserting themselves into the thread.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Anarchy Now!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 08:58 PM

Thanks, Andy.

I've been thinking of spending a lot less time online anyway, in the overall sense, so this isn't a bad thing.

It looks like your twin prognostications came true, so maybe you happen to be gifted in that sense;-)--and hopefully too I may have accomplished a few good things in my brief tenure as moderator of this forum.

At any rate, after this experience, I KNOW I'll never run for public office of any kind (not that I had ever really considered it). It has given me a much better perspective on the kind of BS our elected officials have to absorb on a regular basis. So those who hold little besides scorn for those in public office, might try considering that politicians must deal with packs of yelping, partisan rabid attack-hyenas on a near-daily basis. What a life that must be.

To those that are partisan to the point of being blind to all else: that sort of attitude is a large and real part of the problem in this country. Solutions don't come from bashing the opposing side; they come from seeking real solutions. Real solutions require real analysis. Real analysis requires NOT just towing a party line, whether it be Democrat, Republican or even Libertarian. So try taking off those blinders sometimes, and putting your rage and injury on the back burner for a while, and try looking at things from a fresh perspective on occasion.

To those who I had words or differences with: nothing personal. Sometimes all parties in a disagreement must simply acknowledge that a stalemate has occurred and that neither is going to change the other's mind.

This forum has great potential and has at times produced keen insights, valuable information, and excellent discussions of history--and touches of humor. Let's all try to focus on those things with an eye to the future, and leave the negatives and the BS in the trash where they belong.

Thanks to my supporters, and even to my detractors, because I have learned from you both--and to everyone else on this board. The day we stop learning is the day we start dying intellectually and spiritually, and there is probably nobody on this forum from whom we cannot learn something.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... I too think he did a fine job despite constant sniping at him left and right. Too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

-Zeno
Old 09-07-2005, 09:13 PM

I admire your balls, both for taking it on and for giving it up.

Cheers