Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Baltimore Cardrooms

If anyone could PM me with any information about private cardrooms in baltimore, it would be great. I tried the search function and once again can't seem to get it working.

You can peruse my past posts and see that I'm just a poker player, not a cop or anything like that. I'm moving to baltimore in a couple weeks to go to law school, and would live to find a few places to play live poker consistently.

So yeah, if there are any baltmer folks around here with any information, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Not an on-topic response

I had 3 people from Maryland at my table at the Taj last week. They talked about the horrors of not being able to have a Neteller account, but they did say they had a home game they liked. If I'd known that someone might need that info, (not that you necessarily do -- I realize it's not the same thing) I'd have asked for it.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:03 PM

Default no neteller

Why cant maryland residents have neteller? Im going back to the mid atlantic in Sept., can I use my neteller account in the state of Maryland or do they not care where the IP address is?

To the OP, I know of at least two games in BMORE area. Use too know of 4-5 but a couple got busted. BMORE is a really bad place, it is the herion and PCP capatial of the USA. I suggest you take the short drive up to AC safer and better games. Having said that if you still want to to the chance PM in early SEPT. We could get robbed, if the cops bust it we are safe we just lose or cash. At least thats what happed a couple of months ago they just took the money. This was a high class room to, cops played there along with lawyers, car salesmen, drug dealers, pimps, junikes, and succesfull business men. Like I said if you still want to play BMORE PM in early Sept. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: no neteller

I don't think they track IPs like that. But there's some oddity of Maryland law that makes it hard for them to send cashouts there, and they'd rather do without the business for now. You probably want to direct cashouts to a non-MD address.

Here's an RGP thread which is where I learned about this.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:22 PM

Like Direct Deposit to a account not in MD?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:25 PM

That's probably best , but I'm out of my league answering specific questions, so I'll direct you to the RGP link or to Neteller's support for more definite info.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Baltimore Cardrooms

I'm not an official shill for them or anything, but there's a good home games listing website for MD HERE. .

I live in MD and I use firepay and central coin.

See you round...
Old 08-10-2005, 03:45 PM

To the OP, I know of at least two games in BMORE area. Use too know of 4-5 but a couple got busted. BMORE is a really bad place, it is the herion and PCP capatial of the USA. I suggest you take the short drive up to AC safer and better games. Having said that if you still want to to the chance PM in early SEPT. We could get robbed, if the cops bust it we are safe we just lose or cash. At least thats what happed a couple of months ago they just took the money. This was a high class room to, cops played there along with lawyers, car salesmen, drug dealers, pimps, junikes, and succesfull business men. Like I said if you still want to play BMORE PM in early Sept.

are you talking about the game in some museum? I've heard vaguely about this game.

please holla
Old 08-11-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they track IPs like that. But there's some oddity of Maryland law that makes it hard for them to send cashouts there, and they'd rather do without the business for now. You probably want to direct cashouts to a non-MD address.

Here's an RGP thread which is where I learned about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly, I was unaware of this and just tried to open an account yesterday. After finding MD wasnt an option in the state field, I just put in my old Ohio address.

This morning I had an email asking me to call their security department, and they asked me what state I was trying to open the account from.

So I'm guessing they do track IPs.
Guess I'll have to look into other options.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:07 PM

Most of what I have read in this thread is wrong (as per usual).

1) There are plenty of safe games in Baltimore. But why would I want tight 2+2-ers in them taking up seats that clowns occupy?

2) Maryland has passed a law that bars its residents from having an account linked with or making transfers to non-US banks. Neteller is based out of Canada and thus is off-limits for MD residents. Just use Firepay.

Take care,
tpir