Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Some hands to look at

here are a few hands I played today that I wasn't sure about, tell me what you all think.

Is this the kind of hand I want to raise for value from the blinds and build a pot or do I want to keep the pot smaller to reduce their odds if I flop a king or queen? Also, should I have lead into this many people on this flop? My gut says checking was right.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I was really lost on this hand, but my cards were decent and my head just kept saying BIG POT. I was almost sure that I was beat, but I was never facing more than one bet. I was sure the PF raiser had me by the way he kept calling/ raising. You could tell he was trying to go for a mix of overcalls and raising for value.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

This guy was a true maniac, I couldnt put him on any hand that I beat, but then again thats because I look at it from a rational stanpoint, not his. I dont know if I played this right, just seemed like he would go to the river with anything so I thought I had a decent chace to win. this guy was a 80/25/4 BTW.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 07-05-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Some hands to look at

Hand 1: Looks fine. Raising for value preflop is good, betting into 5 players when you pretty much missed would probably be spewing.

Hand 2: I can't really find a spot to lay this down.

Hand 3: I'm a little more worried about UTG. Is this a bad player as well or a better player? If they are both bad I would consider raising preflop. If UTG is decent, I might try to knock him out, possibly 3-betting the flop (since it will be 3 more bets to him if he includes the maniac's cap). After that calling down is fine.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 PM

hand one is good.
hand two i'd either fold or raise preflop. i don't like the middle position limp with KJo.
hand three is tough. if he would truly bet crap to the river then calling down as you did is fine, however, do you think he would raise you on the flop if he had nothing?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:51 PM

Hand 1: Looks fine.

Hand 2: This one's tough. SB's river check-raise, is so strange b/c he raised preflop -- does he really have a 5? Still, even though you're getting about 23:1 to make that last call, your best chance is a split with another K and you could be way behind to a set. You can probably lay it down there.

Hand 3: I'd just fold on the flop here. The pot is small, you've got two people who limped in and two overcards on board, including an A. Time to bail.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:25 PM

Hand 1:
Preflop raise is nice.
Bet the flop. Rest looks good.

Hand 2:
Looks good.

Hand 3:
Fold the turn.

Next time, put only one hand in each post.
TJ
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM

thx all, just if you were curious I won the first hand, in the 2nd hand the PF raiser had 66 for a set that filled up, and in hand 3 the maniac had T4 go figure lol.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:06 PM

The reason why I'd bet hand 1 is that you have some folding equity here that would allow you to narrow the field. With KQo and the flop being something a little worse than that you have, I wouldnt. But I think with a BFD, BSD, and 2 overs + being the pf raiser, you can make people make bad folds on the flop.