Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Those Fishooks

*posting blind*

I think you're right. Bet this turn, hope for a call, and a jack on the river. If raised on the turn, fold. If you don't hit a jack on river check-fold. You could very well be looking at Aces and Kings.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Those Fishooks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not fold the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we think we're behind to an A, we should be folding the flop. The turn didn't help any hands that aren't already beating us. In fact, the appearance of the second A makes it less likely that villain has one himself

We should bet because we might still be ahead. If he is a bad player, there's a very wide range of hands he could have here. It's an easy fold to a raise.

If he calls, check/call the river (though this one could have been nicer). I've noticed a lot of otherwise passive players LOVE to bluff at the river (I seperate aggression by street in PV and a significant number of people have numbers like 0.65/0.74/3).

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you expecting villian to have that we can beat here? Doesn't seem like a whole lot. I think that the only hand that you have beat here is a flush draw. Yes an A is less likely once the second one hits the board. With that said (if I recall correctly) of all possible starting hands 17% of them contain an A or K and only 5% contain two hearts. If you look at only reasonable starting hands the number of hands containing and A or K just go up higher.

On the flop I like the bet, you have to take a stab at this. On the turn I think I have to check/fold. I've got to believe that villian is holding either an A or K. With a read telling me that this player is capable of betting a pair of twos or a draw here when I show weakness then I call, but that's the only way.

Is this line that wrong? Seems like it might be one of those razor thin situations that don't really matter one way or another.