Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Please comment on my pathetic stats

I know my stats are pretty bad. But I'll take any suggestions.
Main thing I'm working on is trying to get my PF raise up. After my first 5000 hands my PF was 6.79%. However, I was on -150BB downswing. I decided to tighten up which dropped my PF 6.01% at 10000 hands(+50BB; 0.5/100BB). After that, I went into the red again but manage to get out of it pretty quickly. Anyways this where I stand now. I know it's pretty bad but I'm glad to be in the green [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

http://chipolino.freewebspace.com/MyStats.html

I've been posting many hands lately as some of you may have noticed. I appreciate your comments as well as your criticisms regarding my stats/hands. Feel free to say anything you want no one's feelings are gonna be hurt. With that said, let the slaughter begin.

Oh yeah, I hate you all with 3+/BB [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Please comment on my pathetic stats

Post up your position stats too. I'd try to increase that PFR and vpip. Hard to tell if this is variance or bad play. Respond to hand examples and post examples. Thats a much better way to improve your play.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM

You are super weak-tight dude. Your AF numbers look to be "okay" but in reality you are folding far too often. You fold 3% more often on the flop then I do and an amazing 9% more on the turn. You also bet 9% less then I do on the turn and 3% less on the flop. Also get that PFR up to 8-10%!

Edit - You don't have a good understanding of position as well. Your PFR is pretty flat as you go from UTG down to the button. Your PFR from the button should be like 2x what it is UTG.

Brad
Old 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM

Here are my position stats

http://chipolino.freewebspace.com/posStats.html
Old 05-02-2005, 07:36 PM

Your position stats from MPs to Button looks uniform. I would raise a lot more on the Button since position is powerful and raise more on CO since you want the button.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You fold 3% more often on the flop then I do and an amazing 9% more on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these the "When Folds stats". I don't get the 9% more on the turn part. Since it says I fold 4.12%. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong stat.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:45 PM

No it is under the Player Actions.

So 23% of my flop actions are folds. 14% on the turn and 13% on the river.

27% of your flop actions are folds. 23% of your turn actions are folds.

Doing lots of folding increases your Aggression Factor since it is taken as Bet%+Raise% / call%. So one way to get a bigger AF is to play aggressive poker. The onther way is to consistantly fold (ie. if you have a tough choice between a call or a fold you would opt to just fold). You are taking that route. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it is under the Player Actions.

So 23% of my flop actions are folds. 14% on the turn and 13% on the river.

27% of your flop actions are folds. 23% of your turn actions are folds.

Doing lots of folding increases your Aggression Factor since it is taken as Bet%+Raise% / Fold%. So one way to get a bigger AF is to play aggressive poker. The onther way is to consistantly fold. You are taking that route. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got busted on this recently too shill. It's actually bet+raise/call. Folding is nuetral to agg factor. Folding when you should raise will bring it down but it's not part of the actual equation.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:55 PM

Yeah I didn't mean to say fold. I was thinking about folding so much that I put fold% on accident. But if you turn lots of marginal calls into folds, your AF will bloat up, but your winrate will shrink.

Don't take the..."If my hand isn't good enough to raise, I should fold" mentality. That is why I suggested that doing lots of folding ups your AF.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:03 PM

The went to showdown scares me for 25k hands. This should probably be higher unless you've been running really bad for 20k of the hands and have been properly folding (very very unlikely).

Your AF numbers look good, but this is a coincidence. It appears you are folding too much. This is obvious from your Went to Showdown Stats. If you change some of these folds into calls and some into raises, you'll keep about the same good AF numbers but will be going to showdown properly.

EDIT: Read Ed Miller's 'I know why you guys aren't crushing these low limit games post' immediately.

Right here!!!