Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 01:42 PM

Default KTo in the CO -- Foxwoods 4-8

Foxwoods 4-8, fairly passive/quite loose game. This hand came up and I was wondering what others thought about my play.

I'm in the CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I open-raise hoping to pick up the blinds. All fold to the BB who defends. I have him read as a fair player overall, not too creative or aggressive though. 2 to the flop.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check/bet/call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

He now bets. I call.

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

He bets, I raise, he thinks and calls.

Comments?

I'll post my thoughts on another post in this thread, but I'll save the results for later.

Joe
Old 11-16-2004, 01:47 PM

Default My Thoughts

This was my thought process in the hand.

Preflop: Obvious. I have position and am first to act. This would be my default play with any mediocre hand or any ace.

Flop: Most people will peel one off here with an ace, so why not make him pay for that ace.

Turn: I think this is a great card for me. If my read is right, he's truly drawing to 2 outs. Why not let him draw, and even think he's ahead at this point. I'll bet/raise the river with position.

River: Just as planned, I get to raise.

Results later.

Joe
Old 11-16-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: KTo in the CO

[ QUOTE ]
Foxwoods 4-8, fairly passive/quite loose game.

I'm in the CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I open-raise hoping to pick up the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have a disconnect here.

Anyway, the play of the hand looks routine. You could raise the turn of course but you'll lose the BB more often than not if he's not that strong.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: KTo in the CO

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foxwoods 4-8, fairly passive/quite loose game.

I'm in the CO with K T . I open-raise hoping to pick up the blinds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we have a disconnect here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this doesn't look right. This was not the norm for the way the table played. We were 9 handed, and it was very common for 5-7 players to see the flop.

Guess who was folding? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 11-16-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts

I think you played every street fine, including the call on the turn and the river raise.

Most people will peel one off here with an ace, so why not make him pay for that ace.

How about, "I flopped a fcking monster, he'll never realize it and I like money, bet."

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 11-16-2004, 04:17 PM

Didn't you tell me the other day in a hand that a turn raise is better, in case he was just bluffing the ace, he won't bet into you again on the river and may check/fold?

I guess from the description, it seems pretty clear the guy had an ace....
Old 11-16-2004, 04:21 PM

Didn't you tell me the other day in a hand that a turn raise is better, in case he was just bluffing the ace, he won't bet into you again on the river and may check/fold?

if he is bluffing the ace he will fold to a turn raise, if he is not he gets a chance to pick up a second best hand on the river and either check/call or bet/call.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:23 PM

Unless he has some ugly piece...good point. I like it.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:25 PM

and your ever evolving avatar collection continues [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2004, 04:31 PM

Default Re: KTo in the CO -- Foxwoods 4-8

I would do more betting and less checking on a passive table, but after he bet on the flop - rest of the hand plays fine. I would also try to steal less at a loose passive table, *IF* thats what table truly is like.