Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-27-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Proxies, IP tunneling, and Party

I have a somewhat strange situation. I'm connected to a network that seems to have started some truly awful traffic shaping so that Party and all the other poker sites are now incredibly slow. For example, there's now a 5 or more second lag in the applicaiton and it tells me that my connection is either "good" or "poor", never "very good". The rest of the Internet works fine.

I have access to another networked computer on a different part of the network which I know is not subject to this traffic shaping. This other computer runs Linux and I can install just about anything I want on it. Does anyone know of any way to do some sort of IP tunneling or something similar so that the Party client on my "bad" computer will forward all IP requests on port 80 (or something similar that is presumably ignored by the traffic shaper) to my "good" computer, which will then forward it using the correct port to Party?

I'm not very good at this networking stuff, so I would appreciate any help from you guys. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Proxies, IP tunneling, and Party

There was a post exactly about that .
tunneling

be careful, very good reason for termination, if this is at work

JAque