Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-07-2004, 01:50 PM

Default AKs, big pot, action!

SB is a major LAG, but is also tilting. The BB is mostly unknown, but seems a bit on the loose side. UTG is definitely a loosie (in fact, my notes on him say that he's incapable of folding any pair).

So what do I do on the turn?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Nightwish is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nightwish 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB <font color="purple">(TiltingLAG)</font> caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Nightwish calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TiltingLAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Nightwish 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">TiltingLAG caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Nightwish calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TiltingLAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls
Old 09-07-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: AKs, big pot, action!

well, obviously, you're not folding. It's very unlikely that anyone has a 3, though if anybody has it, it's TiltyLAG. UTG prolly has either AQ or AK. I'd say 3-bet, call a 4-bet by Tilty LAG, and call the river if it's bet, bet if checked to on river.

Gavin
Old 09-07-2004, 02:03 PM

its a bit of a tombola in cases like these with the opponents you describe. Theres just hardly any telling wether your ahead, tied, or way behind. But you're not folding considering the potodds (taken into account you probably will pay at least an extra 5bb for showdown)....
Old 09-07-2004, 02:18 PM

what's a tombola? never heard of it.

hey nightwish, what does your ID mean?

i agree w/ what the other guy said. don't fold. bet the river if no one else does.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey nightwish, what does your ID mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
Best band in the world
Old 09-07-2004, 05:08 PM

kewl, guess its european, italian i think to be precise. But something like a lottery....you get your ticket and hope it wins the price
Old 09-07-2004, 06:59 PM

live i agree that "it is very unlikely anybody has a 3", but at party i wouldn't be too sure.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:01 PM

call and pray?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:22 PM

(In the sheltering shade of the forest
Calling calming silence
Accompanied only by the full moon
The howling of a night wolf
And the path under my bare feet...
...The Elvenpath)

Hearing music from the deepest forest
Songs as a seduction of sirens
The elf-folk is calling me

Tapio, Bear-king, Ruler of the forest
Mielikki, Bluecloak, Healer of the ill and sad
Open the gate and let me follow the uncarven path

AWESOME.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:37 AM

Default RESULTS

When BB raised the turn, I really thought there's a good chance I was behind, but the pot was offering me 21:2, and there could be all sorts of weird stuff going on with the BB trying to isolate the tilting LAG, etc. So I did something that I almost never do: I called 2 cold on the turn. Here's the rest of the hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Nightwish is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nightwish 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB <font color="purple">(TiltingLAG)</font> caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Nightwish calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TiltingLAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Nightwish 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">TiltingLAG caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Nightwish calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TiltingLAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Nightwish calls, TiltingLAG calls.

River: (24 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
TiltingLAG checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Nightwish calls, TiltingLAG calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 28 BB, between Nightwish, TiltingLAG, BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Nightwish (28 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
TiltingLAG has 7h Ah (two pair, aces and threes).
BB has Qd Ac (two pair, aces and threes).
UTG has 6c 6d (two pair, sixes and threes).
Nightwish has As Ks (two pair, aces and threes).
Outcome: Nightwish wins 28 BB. </font>