Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2004, 02:39 AM

Default i love poker.

So I'm getting ready to end the day, 6 hands left, and it hits me that I just don't want to play another hand. It's been a good day, and I'm ready for it to end, but I'm just too damn cheap to leave with a couple of free hands left.

So as the big blind approaches, I'm manually checking off the hands that I will no longer have to play if it is folded to me without risk of having my Union card pulled, and I'm somewhat comforted by the decreasing likelihood that I'll see a flop. By second utg, I've decided that I can fold everything but AA or KK, that AKs and QQ provide a bit of a dilemma, and I hope I have the courage to play them, but everything else hits the muck without a second thought, and let's just hope AA and KK come another day.

So I get dealt JJ. Jeeze, I can't fold this hand. Maybe UTG will raise. Nope, he folds. So, I sigh, and raise. Three goofballs coldcall, I mean three huge goofballs, 1-2-3 goofy balls, and I start to chuckle as the button goes into a huddle. He folds, Absurdly Rocky preflop raiser small blind 3-bets, and the goofy big blind calls 2. Well, of course he calls 2. Before my call, I contemplate what I know is going to happen, 2 cold calls behind me, and, yes, on cue, cutoff caps -- and now I laugh out loud, because as little as is left of my gambling mood, I bet my left nut on two things: 1) The button wants his hand back, and the cut-off just sat up straight and yelled "Cappucino!" at his computer screen.

I love poker.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Re: i love poker.

Let me guess. You flopped a jack and lost to runner-runner flush?

P.S. I love poker too.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:33 AM

Things like this always happen to me. I can never pull myself away from playing the free hands. "One more orbit" I say to myself. Fold,fold,fold. Then all of a sudden I'm UTG for my last hand of the day and I get AA or KK. I fire off a raise, it get's capped. The idiot who capped it folds after I bet the flop where I made a big set, but I end up getting re-raised when the third club hits on the river, and like an idiot I call just to see that I got beat by the fish who called three bets cold pre-flop with 7c5c and had no hand at all until he hit his runner runner flush. I love poker too!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 AM

I have 'one more orbit' syndrome....
Old 02-24-2004, 12:15 PM

I always want the button and the button-1 (Cut-Off?) before I go do whatever honey-do I've been assigned.

Spyder
Old 02-24-2004, 12:51 PM

Heh, No, that's what happened to the guy with KK in the SB! I folded on the flop.

By the way, I think the One More Orbit Syndrome is a different thing and may be a problem. When I'm done, put in my hours or feel like cutting off, I'm done -- I'm just too cheap to quit before my blinds come.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:54 PM

Completely understand. I was in a B&M and had doubled up when i decided to leave. Well, then I thought, I will see my free cards. Well, 3 hands before my BB and leaving up, I get dealt KK when there is a live straddle. Needless to say it caps pre-flop and in the end I lose to someone who caught runner runner ace to trip'em when playing A6o. Lost a huge part of my stack on that. After that I decided when I am done, that is it, get up and leave, no more of this "I will see my free cards" nonsense cause it just costs me money. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh, and I love poker too.

See ya in the pit!

NoFun
Old 02-24-2004, 06:53 PM

Well....

I hate poker. And everyone who plays it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Matt