Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2004, 03:30 AM

Default Bad Beat

Something struck me as amusing here.

Re Bad beats, not that you all haven't seen it all before and expect to see much worse again. And I promise it didn't bother me when it happened, yes, I was mildly annoyed that I didn't drag the pot, but only mildy. Other days it might have got to me, but I guess my mind was right. Still, it's been 4 hours, and still I think of it and smile, and I'll tell you why when I get there. Bear in mind, this is full table 20/40. Not as in 20 cents/40 cents, but the other 20/40.

UTG raises, I 3 bet AA on the button, SB coldcalls, UTG calls. Flop J72r. UTG bets, I raise, SB coldcalls, UTG calls.

Turn T, rainbow, UTG bets (oh goody, he's got a ten), I raise, SB cold calls, UTG calls.

River 4 (bd J72T4). Checked to me and I bet, SB check raises, UTG cold calls, well, I think I'm beat, got to be 44, no harm no foul, but I overcall, because I know I can beat UTG, and well, maybe I'm good.

SB turns over T4o for running 2-pair, UTG mucks ATs face up in complete disgust (had a 3-flush on the flop), and says that he had him until the river, I muck, with, I'm sure a very stupid look (worse than usual) on my face.

Were getting to the funny part. Now, I'm replaying the hand, called 3, nothing on the flop, called 2, turned a pair, called 2 big ones (can't blame him), had the presence of mind to c/r the river and get 4 BBs, not bad, something to think about there. And then it hit me -- the flop didn't miss him -- he had the running pair outs, yes, but there's also a straight draw for T4 on the J72 flop. I just didn't see it. You say you can't put'em on a thought, I think I just did. Okay, that's the part that amused me.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:24 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Bad Beat

i lost to a hand that had less than 1% of beating me after the flop the other night. there was another hand involved, so i wasnt that big a favorite. but the other hand also took some outs away from this player. who weathered a capped preflop and flop for this 1/100 shot.

who says 10-20 doesnt have idiots playing. i built a nice pot for him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

b
Old 01-11-2004, 05:11 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Bad Beat

Yes sir it was awfull nice of you to build those pots.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:23 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default LOL

just as it was soooo fun to watch you drag 2 monsters while i folded for 2 hours watching you stack chips. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

b