Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-25-2005, 03:23 PM

Default hmmm, now what?

MP is the loose type, button is 23/13/2, and the BB is 61/15/1. I have notes on him that basically describe retardo aggresive postflop play, but this session hes been playing really weak post flop. Check folding a lot, just calling down with weak pairs, pretty much no aggresion

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

hero ???

I know I know, 3 bet PF. BB is still calling like 85% of the time, and I figured MP would call a decent amount of the time as well. So I opted to not make the pot ginormous and instead use my relative position to c/r if I so desired.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: hmmm, now what?

well button's range at this point is probably 88, TT, JJ, AK, AcJc, AcTc, Ac9C, KcJc, or maybe a hand like QJ that he didn't want to push too hard. I don't think he is bluffing and he is probably checking behind with 88, TT, and JJ and betting the QJ. I don't think he's calling with AK here, so against him you probably should check and hope he checks behind with a better hand or bluffs his busted king high draws.

However, BB is in the hand and he could easily have a 6, 2, 33/44/55 or call with an ace. He also seems like the type of player who might bluff at the pot, though. Overall, I think you need to make sure you get value from him. You aren't losing much to button.

I bet.

EDIT: If you feel that you can fold if it goes bet/call it would add value to checking. I'm not sure that you can though since button might know BB is a donk and call with a big ace or his 88. Obviously you can fold if it goes bet/raise, but this won't happen very often. I still bet.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:16 PM

Button could also have any KQ AQ hand, as well as maybe QTs,

tho I suppose he would riase the turn often with AQ or KQ, but maybe not
Old 12-25-2005, 04:17 PM

You don't think he raises the turn with KQ or AQ?
Old 12-25-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he raises the turn with KQ or AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, dang, you beat my edit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 04:21 PM

fo shizzle
Old 12-25-2005, 06:48 PM

I bet because its the lesser of two evils.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-25-2005, 07:09 PM

bet/fold to a raise. the donk in the hand and the absence of button aggression on the turn (plus his raise pf making it less likely he has a seven) give you some good equity. if button knows the donk is a donk, he will be pushing his kq,ak,aa,kk and stronger on the turn or earlier.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:28 PM

I 3bet PF but preflop is unimportant and calling is fine too. If I just call PF I bet out and 3-bet. But yeah c/r is fine too. On the river as you played it, I still bet. He doesn't have to have a 7. And I call if he raises.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I just call PF I bet out and 3-bet. But yeah c/r is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check-raising looks much better than betting out to me since you can face 2 guys with 2 cold. If it goes you bet, call or 2, pfr raises his range has to become tilted toward those overpairs that you're behind and I'm not seeing a huge amount of value in a 3-bet.