Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-20-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: $22: SB, Bubble, 2x minraises, and we have TT

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, realized it can't be me. There's no way I would cold call a min-raise in position on the bubble. What I remember was a similar situation where I cold called a raise in the SB hoping the BB would fold so I could SNG into only one player.

But I mean if seat 3 is a donk and has been misplaying a lot of hands, it easily coulda been me, just in a different tourney. You are a genius .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

I did actually think it was you at one point. Did you ever coach anyone?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: $22: SB, Bubble, 2x minraises, and we have TT

I think folding here would be very bad. You have to push. Obviously, they both have to call if you push, but from your reads, it sounds like there's at least some chance seat 3 might foolishly fold. Best case scenario for you is they both have acerag. Worst case (other than the highly unlikely overpair) would probably be that you are up against three overcards with a chance to triple up. Finally, you can't wait for the other small stack to bust, because you'll be totally crippled in the process, especially since you stated that the donks have shown a propensity for keeping the short stacks alive.