Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-22-2005, 07:21 PM

Default rivered set, small pot

UTG is unknown, MP is a little donkish, 37/2/0.6, been passive mostly but I snapped off a river bluff from him a few hands ago. FWIW, I could tell he had the "raise any" button checked on the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero uhhhhhh....
Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: rivered set, small pot

yeah i fold this
Old 11-22-2005, 07:30 PM

folding isn't bad. You're only getting about 5:2...no a lot. Pot's really small.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is unknown, MP is a little donkish, 37/2/0.6, been passive mostly but I snapped off a river bluff from him a few hands ago. FWIW, I could tell he had the "raise any" button checked on the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (2.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero uhhhhhh....

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. I think you want overcalls in this situation. Calling gets you an extra-bet from UTG, whereas i think 3-betting gives you an extra-bet from MP only.

I think when you 3-bet and it's capped backed to you you're good &lt;30% of the time.

Weird hand, interesting situation.

edit: sorry i didn't notice the 3-flush that came through. folding is fine.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling gets you an extra-bet from UTG, whereas i think 3-betting gives you an extra-bet from MP only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your (and everyone else's) conclusion that the best thing is to fold this, however I'm curious, if you think you're best what difference does it make which opponent the extra bet comes from?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM

Raise it up.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:40 PM

the question is: are you good 29% of the time here?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 PM

Wouldn't be that small when I got thru. Raise that muther up. I think utg's tryin to buy the pot and MP's trying to resteal. If somebody just made a str8 or slowplayed a bigger set, well then good for them.

edit: dammit, i didn't see the flush either. probably wouldn't have in real life either. dammit.