Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-21-2005, 03:13 PM

Default JJ vs. a reraise preflop?

A couple of days ago I was playing .10/.25NL on UB and caught Jacks a few times. Twice after I open raised I was reraised, once I was in the SB and had a deep stack and the BB reraised and had less than the buy in, so I reraised to put him all in, he showed QQ. The other time I was reraised I called, the flop was all unders I tried to represent a set by pushing and was called by the reraiser who had QQ. There were other times I saw JJ get reraised and was shown a bigger pair, which happened to be QQ both times.

So my question is at the small stakes where players for the most part are less creative with their reraises should you be dumping JJ if you are reraised or should you now play the hand for set value?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: JJ vs. a reraise preflop?

If I get reraised I play it for set value.....if the reraise is small enuff I call.....the worst reraising hand you can expect generally is AK...followed by QQ, KK and AA....that's how i'd play it anyway. Against a maniac this changes of course.